Mackay radiator hoses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with them but for $15 and since I already have them off, why not? I'd think seeing new hoses on a 13 year old Jeep would make a good impression on a buyer.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Nothing wrong with them but for $15 and since I already have them off, why not? I'd think seeing new hoses on a 13 year old Jeep would make a good impression on a buyer.

Usually the clamps cost as much as the hoses - don't forget those.

Unless it doesn't run or something else major, fixing up a used car rarely gets your money back in sale price.

Changing out the water pump on my 76,000 mile 06 Wrangler and wasn't going to replace those hoses, but found this brand https://www.mackayrubber.com.au/ locally for just $6 and $9 upper and lower. Anybody used them?

Originally Posted by mk378
Unless it doesn't run or something else major, fixing up a used car rarely gets your money back in sale price.

If you're in it for the long haul, get OEM. I replaced all my 01 Dakota rubber with aftermarket after 10 years, a few more years and I started having to replace everything piece by piece, went back to OEM.

Originally Posted by mk378

Thanks but I do just fine.

Mackay are good stuff...I've used them back in the day...but even in the 80s they were never sub $20

Changing out the water pump on my 76,000 mile 06 Wrangler and wasn't going to replace those hoses, but found this brand https://www.mackayrubber.com.au/ locally for just $6 and $9 upper and lower. Anybody used them?

For little more you can get a trusted name. You likely will not have to change them again. I wouldn't use those.

Last edited:
It looks like they have a factory in Thailand too. Wonder if the lower price is perhaps due to a shift in production for some catalog numbers from Australia to Thailand?

Originally Posted by Shannow
Mackay are good stuff...I've used them back in the day...but even in the 80s they were never sub $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back