GM's HD Truck Line $100k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's it sickening? If someone wants to spend 6 figures on a truck, let 'em.

Crazy, but if people buy it they buy it.
I just wish you could still buy a Truck without all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price.
Just give me a 4x4 with power locks,windows and A/C for under $30,000

35.gif

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

I wonder if for that price they can offer some less goofy looking mirrors?

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Sounds like a winner for the "All Hat, No Cattle" Crowd.

You would think. But, I live in a very rural area and you'd be surprised at how many farmers (mainly cattle and dairy farms around here) have King Ranches and High Country trucks. They pay $70k for these trucks and then beat the snot out of them.

Originally Posted by cpayne5

You would think. But, I live in a very rural area and you'd be surprised at how many farmers (mainly cattle and dairy farms around here) have King Ranches and High Country trucks. They pay $70k for these trucks and then beat the snot out of them.

They do not pay near that much for their trucks. Considering the agricultural discounts along with being a tax write off, the final cost is quite a bit under the MSRP. Yet, it is surprising to see them flogging a new truck through the fields at 30 mph.

As much as it bugs me... so what? I mean, what's the list of cars that top $100k? if someone wants to drop that kind of coin, so be it. If anything, on a truck, I wonder if it would have some trickle down effect. I mean, once they figure out how to do some of the bells and whistles on a production line, they will probably drive down the cost of that option; and as other makers follow suit, it'll likely bring up the lower tiers.

Yeah i wish I could buy a work truck with few options, but, I have to wonder what the savings really are. Is there really a cost difference between a rubber floor mat and carpet?

Anyhow. Low(er) costs aren't going away.

The real question no one is asking... who is paying anything over 30k for those hideous things?! They looked good, and then they went Camaro-inspired for the 1500 and Wagon Queen Family Truckster inspired for the 2500 and 3500.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
35.gif

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

I wonder if for that price they can offer some less goofy looking mirrors?

At 100k+, it better have three screens in the dash for left, right, & back up.

They are hideous. Oh and round wheels fit in round wheelwells, not square that show the ugly frame and inner fenders. They need to fire some designers.

All I want is 5 or 6 speed manual, V6 that is durable under loads, AC, power steering, power brakes, ABS and limited slip 2 wheel drive STANDARD cab with useful 8 FOOT bed, A good radio wold be nice, but no touch screen to crap out and cost $$$$$

Is that so hard? Obviously no one wants a real truck.

Rod

Depreciation on "Work Trucks". lol..

Depreciation on "Work Trucks". lol..

Absolutely. Business expense. They probably paid cash for them, too.

Many don't even get registered - they get a set of plastic "FARM USE" tags slapped on them (which Virginia allows).

Originally Posted by LubeFiner

They do not pay near that much for their trucks. Considering the agricultural discounts along with being a tax write off, the final cost is quite a bit under the MSRP. Yet, it is surprising to see them flogging a new truck through the fields at 30 mph.

In the end though, isn't that what trucks are supposed by used like? Perhaps some prefer to feel more "enchanted" bouncing around on fine leather and optic screens than the more, mundane vinyl flooring and two-knobbed radios!

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
The economy is booming, people are getting richer, so why not?

The rich are getting richer, for sure. Most working wages are stagnant. Over the years, inflation has eroded purchasing power.

That thing is wretched looking! The squared off wheel wells are just awful,I think that's what ruins the bodylines. I'd rather have a Ford.

Originally Posted by supton
Yeah i wish I could buy a work truck with few options, but, I have to wonder what the savings really are. Is there really a cost difference between a rubber floor mat and carpet?

You can. I just bought a 2018 Silverado 3500HD Standard Cab WT with 4x4 and an 8' bed for $40k even OTD. So right at $37k before taxes and stuff. That's not that bad....and it's a 1 ton truck. I'm certain you could get REAL close to the $30k mark on a new one if it was a half-ton, and go sub $30k if you only got 2WD.

The problem is....everyone WANTS all the bells and whistles and 4 doors, etc. etc etc....and the options add up QUICK!!!

The price difference between a WT and a LT or LS is THOUSANDS (approx. $4-6k minimum). And any trim levels higher than that, you jump $10-20k higher real quick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back