Huge shark York Beach Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vacationing in this area of Maine my entire life. And I've never seen this before. Looks like no ocean is safe to swimming anymore not even the cold Waters of Maine. They say it's a basking shark but I don't know I see a lot of white on the belly. And I sure don't want to be in the water and find out

You can see the shark's giant mouth wide open as it sucks in plankton and what not...it's a filter feeder that wouldn't bite a person, although I'm sure it would still be scary to end up in that thing's cavernous gullet somehow!
I wonder if it would just spit you out?

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
We ate and killed all their fish. What do you expect? Basking shark this time.

Cue jaws theme

Rod

Nope...not close...seals are being seen on the coast of Oz in places they've never been seen before in recorded history...further north, closer to the equator, so it's not warming, and they are eating, so there's plenty of fish.

And where there are lots of seals, there's lots of hungry white sharks....

We used to live next door to the Float rental guy. He was a shop teacher here and lived on Nubble Road within sight of the Light. Seal populations are about 75K along the outer edge of Cape Cod. 10 great whites have been spotted already. They don't really like humans. We don't have the caloric density of a seal. Most white sharks will hit a human then spit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back