Which grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe beating a dead horse, but which grease should be used for trailers tapered bearings?

I have these greases laying around 1-Coastal multipurpose wheel bearing 2-ST EP moly lithium 3- ST all purpose

My trailer bearing definitely needs to be greased by hand, so should I use either of the above or pick another one locally for greasing purposes?

Thank you for the advise
thumbsup2.gif

Oh those 3 I would use the Coastal multipurpose wheel bearing if it says works with high speed wheel bearings (Gold label not red). The ST Moly I use in my grease gun for joints but not bearings. And ST all purpose is a very basic grease, I don't use it.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Originally Posted by Jimzz
Oh those 3 I would use the Coastal multipurpose wheel bearing. The ST Moly I use in my grease gun for joints but not bearings. And ST all purpose is a very basic grease, I don't use it.

Thank you, would this be a good choice? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Marine-Grease-14-oz-Tube/16928008

Yea if buying new grease that will work fine as well. Make sure to clean off all the old grease as not to mix them.

You might want to look into Bearing Buddies and a cheap grease gun if you are going to put any miles on the trailer.

If you're using a grease gun then you need to buy one of these cone-type bearing packers:

[Linked Image]

Any grease that is rated as a high temperature bearing grease will do just fine. The main thing is just to make sure there's actually grease in the bearings and not just in the cavity.

I have these greases laying around 1-Coastal multipurpose wheel bearing 2-ST EP moly lithium 3- ST all purpose

You should look into the use of commas. Just saying, we shouldn't need prior knowledge to interpret something this simple.

If proper formatting isn't important, your post isn't important. There is no excuse for the breakdown of the english language. It will only get worse... Mark my words, text a teenager...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9

You should look into the use of commas. Just saying, we shouldn't need prior knowledge to interpret something this simple.

If proper formatting isn't important, your post isn't important. There is no excuse for the breakdown of the english language. It will only get worse... Mark my words, text a teenager...

Shouldn't English be capitalized?

Originally Posted by Elkins45
Originally Posted by Dave9

Shouldn't English be capitalized?

People are judged on their "command" of the English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back