Amazon "Lost" my Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Amazon didn't lose it, UPS did.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I have a feeling this is going to turn into "package carrier 'x' sucks - they lost my package" stories. Newsflash: They all lose packages. I have stories for UPS, Fedex, Fedex Ground, USPS, DHL, and so on but I still use all of them where appropriate.

At work, we rarely ever file a claim on the occasions that a package gets damaged (can't recall a lost package, only damaged). We choose not to add insurance even though it's pennies on the dollar because even if insured, it's not worth the time, paperwork, and so on to work through the claim.

True they all lose or damage stuff. Somewhat the nature of the beast. But anger spurs complaints online.

I'm dealing with a denied USPS insurance right now for two items shipped in one box and both damaged...

In my case, it's not about losses occurring. 8 shipments lost out of 11 in a 3 day period is absolutely astounding. You have to wonder what went wrong. Maybe a whole truck was lost.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
In my case, it's not about losses occurring. 8 shipments lost out of 11 in a 3 day period is absolutely astounding. You have to wonder what went wrong. Maybe a whole truck was lost.

Maybe the ‘package pirates' are stealing your shipments ?

Things do happen. Try a whole plane.
Atlas Air 3591
Amazon Customer Support had to be busy for a day or two!

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

It was those guys in Fast and the Furious stealing that truck. Lol, anyway, UPS tracking on the original shipment last said Mesquite. Now it says "Lost/Damaged"

No, I'm talking packages that never made it in the first place. Some were marked "delivered" while I was standing in my front lawn. Others were marked delayed and then disappeared. All of them made it to "Out For Delivery" status.

No, I'm talking packages that never made it in the first place. Some were marked "delivered" while I was standing in my front lawn. Others were marked delayed and then disappeared. All of them made it to "Out For Delivery" status.

I have had one in the last year that was flagged "delivered". I suspect package was delivered to the wrong address. I complained quickly and Amazon replaced the order.

I mean, it's good quality oil. I'm sure that would be a prize for porch pirates ! Imagine how excited they'll be when they find it's .... engine oil.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

I mean, it's good quality oil. I'm sure that would be a prize for porch pirates ! Imagine how excited they'll be when they find it's .... engine oil.

Laundry detergent is a big black market item. I imagine they can flip oil too.

People steal things all the time. I have a few friends that used to work the docks and they'd tell me people would always steal [expensive] things and sell them on craigslist and such. Game consoles and TVs are a big favorite around the holidays.

I've had my fair share of Prime delivery failures.

Marked delivered to door. No picture, no package.

Marked delivered to door. Picture of it next to neighbors rocking chair.

Marked delivered to lock box. I don't have a lock box.

Delivered to door, no item in the bubble mailer.

Handed to resident. No one was home all day.

Out for delivery. Recieved 2 days later.

But on Amazon's behalf, I've always gotten my refunds, expedited replacement, or a free month of Prime extended. Just a hassle when stuff you need/waited on is a no show.

Originally Posted by hatt

Laundry detergent is a big black market item. I imagine they can flip oil too.

I remember hearing that many years ago about laundry detergent. I never understood where the big profit would be unless you were talking whole pallets of the stuff. I mean maybe its just me, but I buy like a $4 bottle of laundry detergent about once every month or two.

Now about Amazon, I think it is funny that a current order I have with them for a quantity of 17 of the same item has so far shipped in 10 separate shipments with a few more on the way. This item was $1.50 each.

The replacement was delivered on Tuesday. The bucket came in a really nice thick sturdy cardboard box. Pretty weird because the labels were in good shape. Idk how the first one went missing.

Eh. Oh well. Good to go
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back