Milesyn 5w/20, 5500 miles, 2007 Mazda6 2.3L

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 2007 Mazda6 2.3L is my wife's daily driver that now sees very little annual mileage. We're the original owners and I drove it for a couple years before my wife commandeered it. FYI: She's one step short of full-blown speed demon. The vehicle has a 5sp manual and she tends to hold the gears for a long time. This is Milesyn 5w/20 syn-blend and is about 9 months old and has NO 3rd party additives. This is the first UOA ever done on this vehicle. It has never had a mechanical problem or repairs of any sort.

Comments about the CU, SI and NA are welcome. I personally tend to think the NA builds-up over the winter as there's a lot of road salt in the winter. This oil went in before last winter. There are no issues with low anti-freeze levels.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Ray CJ

2007Mazda6-UOA-June2019.JPG

Looks like a good oil and a good deal for 60$+/- for a 5 Gallon Bucket of oil
Sodium could be from the salted roads, it could also be a number of other things, I say do more UOAs when there isn't salt on the road and see

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the results just be on the top of maintenance with the car; get in routine of replacing such as air filter, spark plugs or fluids on time so you'll Mazda will serve you for a long time

My M6 is currently @222K, I've never did it's oil report on it as well as I've never missed on basic maintenance; however, it still a great cruiser on the hwy and runs like a champ
GL

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
Looks like a good oil and a good deal for 60$+/- for a 5 Gallon Bucket of oil
Sodium could be from the salted roads, it could also be a number of other things, I say do more UOAs when there isn't salt on the road and see

The oil in there now is a 50/50 blend of Milesyn 5/30 and Milesyn 0/20. Both were full synthetic. I made a Frankenbrew because I was all out of the required 5/20 and I wanted to use-up the last of 2, 5 gallon pails. I will do another change and UOA just before we start getting snow. Stay tuned...

Originally Posted by miden851
I wouldn't bother with the results just be on the top of maintenance with the car; get in routine of replacing such as air filter, spark plugs or fluids on time so you'll Mazda will serve you for a long time

My M6 is currently @222K, I've never did it's oil report on it as well as I've never missed on basic maintenance; however, it still a great cruiser on the hwy and runs like a champ
GL

This vehicle should be good in terms of maintenance. I had a local trusted shop do the 80,000 mile tune-up. I do all the other simple maintenance... just put brakes on it last fall.
Yes... this car is a runner. Very smooth and has been very reliable. The only thing going wrong is the cloth hood liner is coming unglued at the rear windshield.

Hoping to get 5 more years out of this car. My wife loves it.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back