Corner lot cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
Gotta admit, I do it almost every day, especially when there's 4-5 cars waiting at the light, because without fail, the guy leading the pack is totally unaware that it's legal to turn right on red. I don't cut through the gas station parking lot, however, but they were nice enough to put an "access road" behind several businesses in the strip mall. Very handy when there's a dummy at the head of the line.

I cut through the back road of the strip mall too because if you go by the front, there's always a bunch of people crossing the street right in front of the store so it's quicker to go through the back. I stay on the road when getting into the strip mall though. There's a parking strip on the side that everyone seems to like to cut through, so if two cars cut through there, when they pull out, they have to pull out on the road so it's just faster for me to stay on the road and then when they have to pull out, I'm already there. I don't know why they like to cut through the parking lot, it's not really that much faster and if anyone is pulling out, you get slowed down plus when you pull out, there's a stop sign whereas if you stay on the road, you can just make the turn without any stop sign as you have the right of way.

Originally Posted by BJD78
Love it how the drivers that are clearly in the wrong are always so quick flip off drivers who are not breaking the law. I was flipped off a few days back at the post office when a moron was driving the wrong way in the parking lot and he flips me off like I am in the wrong. It really leaves one shaking the head at these idiots.

Welcome to today's society where everything that used to be wrong is now right, and vise versa...if you are following the rules of the road, you will be chastised severely...

Last edited by a moderator:
[Linked Image]

I've joined that old man yelling at clouds profile. It's fun. Yesterday I was waiting to make a left hand turn into my workplace and somebody in the opposing lane stopped to let me turn. I assume they were trying to be courteous. But, this was rush hour traffic and a scenario that was VERY dangerous for everyone, similar to stopping on a freeway. I made the turn and prayed that no one would hit me because I would have been at fault.

No turn signals. Dangerous lane changes. Running red lights. It's scary.

I saw one of my local city pickups do that by corner cutting over a curb to get through a gas station. I got the truck number and time and called the city hot line. I hope there was a reprimand. Ed

I once saw a corner cutter going through the gasoline station where I was parked. Before he got past me, I opened the back of the station wagon (yes, it was a long time ago) and leaned in to get something. Not enough room for him to pass. I kept fussing around in the back for 3-4 minutes even though there was nothing in the back I needed. He had to wait until I finally got done, he missed a couple of lights.

That is pretty funny, and something I might do if I was bored. The grocery store I go to has multiple one way lanes marked with arrows but it is also obvious with how the parking spots are angled. People will come up the wrong way and try to go around me or motion for me to back up for them. I am never in a hurry so I just throw the car in neutral and wait for them to figure it out.

Reminds me of the time I was loading groceries into my car so a guy pulls up next to me to park in the spot closer to the store. Of course he can't pull in because I'm by the side of the car loading the back seat. So he beeps at me and we get into a shouting match of why he wants that spot when there's plenty of other spots there at night. And he goes on and on of why I'm wasting his time. But he's the one that picked the spot and there's a bunch of other spots too, he's just too lazy to pick a spot two spaces away. After I finally load everything, I'm getting ready to pull away and then he shouts at me some more to put the cart back as it still blocks him a little. Normally I would, but for him, I just drove off.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by BJD78
Call it whining if you wish,but if you or one of your passengers was nearly ran over by one of these corner lot cutting, speeding,reckless, morons you would have a much different outlook. Have a nice day dude!!

Really? I'd have a different outlook? What is my opinion on the topic, exactly?

I have offered up no opinion other than that these types of threads are full of fruitless complaining and serve no purpose other than to help the OP feel righteous in his indignation.

Yet you feel the need to opine??? Move along troll..

Here's the latest trend I keep seeing,morons passing people on the freeways using the shoulder! Seriously? I really wish their own stupidity would weed these losers out!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Here's the latest trend I keep seeing,morons passing people on the freeways using the shoulder! Seriously? I really wish their own stupidity would weed these losers out!

I've seen this where one semi is passing another and taking forever to do so...

Left lane blocking breeds this. Cops should be out writing more paper.

Agree 100%, Seems like one is in the minority when following traffic laws and not driving like a jerk. Of course about half the drivers around here, cannot even stay focused for a 90 second traffic light.. more times than not, they are texting or otherwise talking or fiddling with their their cell phones while driving. Even pedestrians who are walking are often glued to their cell phones totally unaware of traffic and activities around them.

Usually the impatient types who do this action also speed across the parking lots. I simply cannot understand why anyone takes excess speed into a parking lot or space given the risk involved of an accident. I drive like a granny because I don't want to run over a person especially kid or hit a an opening car door.

Originally Posted by eljefino

The vast majority of left lane blocking is done by semi drivers. People in POVs drive way too fast to block lanes...I agree, cops need to start writing tickets to truckers who camp in the left lane, and speeders...our roadways have become a free-for-all because law enforcement is non-existent these days...

I'm guessing that the truck drivers feel that if government is going to impose restrictions on them (speed limits and engine governors), then the general public is going to have to suffer also. Maybe if enough people complain, the government will change the truck regulations. Just a hunch. Try to see it from the trucker's perspective.

Excellent!I would say that you gave that Jerk exactly what he deserved... A well deserved dish of Karma, served ice cold. So many jerks out there who seem to think that they are the center of the universe and that everyone must adapt to their wants Like the morons who honk when I am at a posted "no right turn" light or when they honk when I am at a regular red light and cannot turn red because there is a vehicle to my left and I do not have the visibility to see if there is a break in traffic that allows me to turn safely. The vehicle behind me is not ever going dictate what driving decisions I make. I do not care how much they honk and yell. Dont even get me started on the jerks who park their vehicles in such a way so that they take up 2-3 parking spots.

Originally Posted by grampi

The vast majority of left lane blocking is done by semi drivers. People in POVs drive way too fast to block lanes...I agree, cops need to start writing tickets to truckers who camp in the left lane, and speeders...our roadways have become a free-for-all because law enforcement is non-existent these days...

No they're not. Most of the left lane cruisers are POV. Wasn't it you that said you wouldn't move out of the passing lane anyways if you're doing the speed limit or passing somebody 1mph faster than them? On that note, my morning commute this morning had a lady in a crossover camping in the left lane and only moved over when a cop got behind her. Then when the cop passed, she went straight back into the passing lane despite not having any traffic in front of her for ~50 meters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pew
Originally Posted by grampi

No they're not. Most of the left lane cruisers are POV. Wasn't it you that said you wouldn't move out of the passing lane anyways if you're doing the speed limit or passing somebody 1mph faster than them? On that note, my morning commute this morning had a lady in a crossover camping in the left lane and only moved over when a cop got behind her. Then when the cop passed, she went straight back into the passing lane despite not having any traffic in front of her for ~50 meters.

No I didn't say that, and when you drive as much as I do, you'd see that the left lane backups are caused by semis. I drive 3000 miles a month so I see way more of what goes on on the roads than most people do...

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I'm guessing that the truck drivers feel that if government is going to impose restrictions on them (speed limits and engine governors), then the general public is going to have to suffer also. Maybe if enough people complain, the government will change the truck regulations. Just a hunch. Try to see it from the trucker's perspective.

Regulations have nothing to do with truckers clogging up the left lane all the time. Trucker A is going 65 and trucker B wants to go 65.5, so trucker B clogs up the left lane for 10 minutes while he passes trucker A. This is not necessary. Trucker B could just slow down .5 mph and stay in the right lane until he can pass without holding up 15 cars while he overtakes the slower truck. These guys should be ticketed for impeding traffic flow. People driving POVs are now being ticketed for left lane camping, so why shouldn't truckers be ticketed for doing the same thing? Another thing I see truckers doing all the time is driving in the far left lane (for example, on a freeway where there are more than two lanes in a given direction). In this case, truckers are supposed to use the two right lanes and are never supposed to drive in the far left lane. These guys should also be ticketed...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back