Filter Cross over to car chart anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find random oil filters on clearance, but I can't find a chart that shows what car a filter goes with. Is there such a chart that would list the filter, and then the cars and engines that particular filter will fit?

Like this:

Filter Part Number - Make of Car - Model of Car - Engine

Wix and Fram sites both take competitor part numbers and provide that information under applications. If a very uncommon number, may require going to a site like oilfilter crossreference.com first to find other equivalent filters. Then use one of those at the two noted sites.

This is taking the long way around, but it might help with some ballpark information.

Go to the RockAuto website and click on the "Part Number Search" tab. Enter your number and other details there.

In the search results, the part number will be colored as a link. Click on the number, and a window will pop up showing make, model and year. You could then search the catalog to find engine specifics.

Originally Posted by 97K15004WD
I can't find a chart that shows what car a filter goes with. Is there such a chart that would list the filter, and then the cars and engines that particular filter will fit?

Not really. the RockAuto method will get you "close" enough.

You'll have to cross through the Wix numbers, though - to make it work.

As noted Wix and Fram have a competitor exchange boxes on their sites, no preliminary steps required . The Fram box say competitor part #. The Wix box is upper right and says "filter search". Once filter number entered the Wix and Fram equivalent filter(s) will display. Click on the equivalent filter choice. Wix will display "principle applications" then a tab below for all applications with details. Fram says "applications where used", scroll. That yields the queried information.

The other site mentioned oilfilter crossreference.com good site ime for finding x refs and for uncommon filter numbers.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
As noted Wix and Fram have a competitor exchange boxes on their sites, no preliminary steps required . The Fram box say competitor part #. The Wix box is upper right and says "filter search". Once filter number entered the Wix and Fram equivalent filter(s) will display. Click on the equivalent filter choice. Wix will display "principle applications" then a tab below for all applications with details. Fram says "applications where used", scroll. That yields the queried information.

The other site mentioned oilfilter crossreference.com good site ime for finding x refs and for uncommon filter numbers.

9 times out of 10 I use Sayjac's method. Rock Auto the rest.

Not to belabor the point, however while RA yields the years and makes, I see no mention of models or specific engines. If I had a filter with unknown application(s), like the OP I'd want those two pieces of information prior to purchase. All found using the competitor exchange boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back