List of oil filter that use coil spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like coil springs inside of oil filters as well because the coil spring has less internal friction than a leaf spring, therefore a coil spring provides a more constant compression force to hold the filter components together with changing temperature and pressures. I use Wix manufactured filters as well and cut them open to be sure that the internal components are up to par. Look at various filter reviews on line. "You can learn a lot just by looking" Paraphrased from Yogi Berra

That is just of many considerations for an oil filter. Not all that high on my list. Now if all "well constructed" filters had a coil spring that would be a different story.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
Baldwin, Donaldson, and Fleetguard.

Generally/typically considered the "Top 3 trinity" of oil filters.

Originally Posted by Linctex

thumbsup2.gif

Should probably include Hastings as well, Baldwin and Hastings are basically the same company. Cant remember who owns whom, but the only difference in their filters is the paint and the part number.

Originally Posted by junk1020

thumbsup2.gif

Should probably include Hastings as well, Baldwin and Hastings are basically the same company. Cant remember who owns whom, but the only difference in their filters is the paint and the part number.

Was Clarcor previously but Parker bought them out.

Last edited:

thumbsup2.gif

That's kind of funny on what basis they all have an efficiency rating under 99% at 20 microns. Looks maybe or the warm fuzzes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back