Had to ELIMINATE a raccoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by nthach
I would imagine that many state departments of public health or wildlife do a vaccination program for racoons, foxes and coyotes - they do that by dropping from an plane or scattering by hand vaccine "packets" coated in a mix of fishmeal. The intended animal will eat the sachet and get the vaccine given.

So why can't they give food laced vaccine to cats and dogs instead of a shot?

Hope U didnt shoot it in the head. The rabies virus is in the brain! Poke it through the lungs once and let it run off into the woods to die so you dont have to touch it. Works for skunks too. ðŸ‘

I have had the full series of rabies shots after being bitten by a feral cat. The modern rabies shots are given in both shoulders, one thigh, and one "cheek", followed by a shot in the shoulder every week for a month. I almost passed out from the cheek shot. If you can avoid the full series of rabies shots, do so. I understand the older shots given in the stomach muscle hurt even more :-(

Originally Posted by ridgerunner
Hope U didnt shoot it in the head. The rabies virus is in the brain! Poke it through the lungs once and let it run off into the woods to die so you dont have to touch it. Works for skunks too. ðŸ‘

Well I shot him between the eyes I thought it would be the quickest way to kill him . They must have extremely hard heads because it didn't blow it apart , then I gave it 2 body shots to make sure he wasn't suffering . I really don't want to answer any more questions or talk about it , thanks to all that commented though . I don't know how hunters do it for sport , I got nothing against it , just not my cup of tea .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back