22000 emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife finally decided to clean out her Yahoo email account.
She deleted 22000 emails.
They went so far back one was from JFK's election campaign.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Sorry their was no Internet during JFK's campaign.

Yes but Yahoo! company was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in January 1994 before that there wasn't anything called Yahoo.

Sorry their was no Internet during JFK's campaign.

Yes but Yahoo! company was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in January 1994 before that there wasn't anything called Yahoo.

These are really going right over your head, aren't they ?

And competed against Lycos, Infoseek, Excite. Google wasn't around yet, and the best "hidden" search engine was AltaVista. And I loved looking at The Simpsons web pages on Simplenet and Geocities sites in Netscape 3.0 ... Life was happy back then.

Remember Classifieds2000.com?

Originally Posted by dhldmoore
Not even touching as they go over either...SMH

He's too fast, he would catch it before they go over.

Originally Posted by talest
And competed against Lycos, Infoseek, Excite. Google wasn't around yet, and the best "hidden" search engine was AltaVista. And I loved looking at The Simpsons web pages on Simplenet and Geocities sites in Netscape 3.0 ... Life was happy back then.

And WebCrawler, Ask Jeeves, and of course the the play on words DogPile because we all know back then, without Google so nicely and elegantly knowing EVERYTHING that the internets was a pile of dog doo.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by marine65
time warp.

"LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAINNNNNN!!!"

So many gems on the early web....I tried to find the Trailer Park Pages a few years ago and couldn't dig it up, but I'm sure it's still archived somewhere.
Photos kept disappearing as people complained about them being used without permission....I would have been honored to have a snap of me doing something stupid on the TPPs!!
I think I looked up the Bum Wine Rankings again last year sometime...that inspired an office party that ended with a lot of headaches and upset stomachs.

Remember Classifieds2000.com?

I recall using a search engine called Webcrawler around that time ('95, '96)

EDIT: HOLY MACKEREL IT'S STILL THERE http://www.webcrawler.com/

...and the best "hidden" search engine was AltaVista.
How was AltaVista considered "hidden" ? It was quite well-known and was my preferred search engine actually.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
" You should not believe everything you read on the Internet. " - Abraham Lincoln.

Waiting for "someone" to correct you by advising you that the internet didn't exist while Abraham Lincoln was alive so he couldn't possibly have said this....
lol.gif

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
" You should not believe everything you read on the Internet. " - Abraham Lincoln.

Waiting for "someone" to correct you by advising you that the internet didn't exist while Abraham Lincoln was alive so he couldn't possibly have said this....
lol.gif

You mean Abe didn't surf the web??
confused2.gif

Mandela Effect, the web, PC, and internet was in existence in another dimension or time line back in the 1960s!
banana2.gif
50.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by hallstevenson

lol.gif

You mean Abe didn't surf the web??
confused2.gif

He surfed in Hawaii.
Wasn't much for the theatre but his wife nagged him to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back