Non-stick pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved, and the cooktop is electric. So my cast iron pans are useless.

Can you recommend a durable 10" non-stick pan to fry eggs and make omelettes?

I have Zero faith in non stick pans. Most are lucky to get a year out of them before they stick no matter what.
I use stainless steel, which after a learning curve, and proper cleaning and preparation is very good and love my cast iron that is over 50 years old passed down from my grandfather.

Last edited:
Carbon steel if you want durability. I'm not sure what you mean iron isn't compatible with electric? I used my cast iron on electric stoves while I lived in rentals attending school.

I didn't get the memo about my cast iron pans being useless on electric. Tossing them now.

Originally Posted by hatt
I didn't get the memo about my cast iron pans being useless on electric. Tossing them now.

I'll help take them off your hands
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dbias
Originally Posted by hatt

I'll help take them off your hands
lol.gif

I bet you will. Most of my cooking is in cast iron.

Note that the lid from the Chicken Fryer fits the 10.5 pan too

10.5 pan
WearEver C94405 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Scratch Resistant PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Saute Pan Fry Pan Cookware, 10.5-Inch, Gold https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008A5DMNO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jwveDbKAG605W

Chicken Fryer
WearEver C94433 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating Scratch Resistant PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Jumbo Cooker Cookware, 3.5-Quart, Gold https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008A5DML6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_FxveDbKP2FPVR

What you want is the pans called "The Rock" by Starfrit. I bought one out of curiosity about 2 years ago, and it was so amazing, we got rid of all our other pans (except one) and replaced them all with more Starfrit pans.

Nonstick ability is through the roof. They also are ridiculously resistant to wear - We can even use metal utensils in them without scratching.

Link to one on Amazon. If you can find one at your local grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc.. check them out. They're absolutely worth it.

Just do a search for "Daily Chef Nonstick Fry Pan, $15" If you have a Sam's club nearby. Have had them for several years and I even use metal spoons and spatulas on it ( much to my wife's dismay) and the coating is barely scratched at all. Hard to beat at a $15.00 price point.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
What you want is the pans called "The Rock" by Starfrit. I bought one out of curiosity about 2 years ago, and it was so amazing, we got rid of all our other pans (except one) and replaced them all with more Starfrit pans.

Nonstick ability is through the roof. They also are ridiculously resistant to wear - We can even use metal utensils in them without scratching.

Link to one on Amazon. If you can find one at your local grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc.. check them out. They're absolutely worth it.

+1

I have the same pan it it's great. Much better than the teflon coated pans

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I recently moved, and the cooktop is electric. So my cast iron pans are useless.

In case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm above, cast iron pans work fine on electric cooktops, including induction.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Carbon steel if you want durability. I'm not sure what you mean iron isn't compatible with electric? I used my cast iron on electric stoves while I lived in rentals attending school.

THIS!

I like the copper coated ones, I don't want anything that looks like a teflon coated pan, that stuff flakes off and you consume, really bad for your health!

I gifted away all my non stick except an analon hard anodized skillet my wife likes. Are there any good ones that will last a lifetime ?

Originally Posted by MrMoody

In case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm above, cast iron pans work fine on electric cooktops, including induction.

It's not that they are incompatible but the chances of scratching the glass, or even cracking it, are very high. One false move and it's a $1,200 mistake.

Originally Posted by MrMoody

It's not that they are incompatible but the chances of scratching the glass, or even cracking it, are very high. One false move and it's a $1,200 mistake.

We've had a glass cooktop for 19 years, always used cast iron on it, and never broken or scratched it yet. They're not all that fragile. Just don't slide the pans around or dangle them above it at a great height. I'm sure you could break it with a full aluminum or stainless pot or heavy glass item just as easily. You'd have to pry my cast iron out of my cold, dead hands.

I have some scratches on my glass cooktop. Who cares. It's still looks fine after almost 12 years. It's a tool. Honest wear is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back