Oil Consumption 6.0L AFM Unicorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no Oil Consumption rare for a 6.0l Engine ?
Has Active Fuel Management

LFA engine Aluminum block

89,100 miles

2,500 Miles into my oil change Still Full unchanged level...

No visible signs of Carbon Flakes or SLUDGE in the oil
Oil Still clean color...

using Mobil1 5w-30 EP with mobil1 filter

OIL PSI is 70-75 on start up
50 PSI idle warmed up

You are correct that this is a Unicorn 6.0. Normally the 6.0's did not have AFM but because it's a hybrid it did get the AFM.

Having said that, I have a 2008 6.0 with 185,000 miles that does not burn oil but it's a cast iron block. You have a rare bird. What year is it and what is your city mpg?

Last edited:
2008 Tahoe Hybrid (PPV 3.08 Gear ratio) She gets 25MPG combined with the 11 year old battery
smile.gif

if it had a new battery it would be 31 to 34MPG combined. with the way I drive..

It was well taken care of Powertrain.... the old [censored] billionaire(the nooby billionaire) took very well care of it I mean they paid almost $70,000 for it. (right out)

the only thing that was not taken care of is the rear seats
frown.gif
(by the second owner) but I'm trying to rehabilitate them with heavy amounts of leather conditioner.... (they dried out) as they had car seat on them(so they did not get the care they needed)

i'm the 3rd owner so i have been keeping up on the maintenance and frequent oil changes 3,000 miles rule.. i might go to 3500 miles if it is still clean

the frequent oil changes = good for it
I'm quite surprised that it has no SLUDGE..

my old car had sludge but the transmission died at
189k due to a leak.. repaired at 129k so that is why I got another vehicle...(not economically viable to repair any more)

Also Legally it has 840,000 miles on it they screwed up on the title so i'm waiting on a replacement title with the corrected 84k miles

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Have you priced a rebuilt battery?

no a fully refurbished battery is $2950 including tax and 5 years warranty..

a new one is $5,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back