New road tire time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my old Continental Grand Prix 4-seasons were worn (and not to mention the rubber coated outer threading always peeled on me, and lodged itself on the rear derailleur)... it was time to get new tires.

Was going to get another set of the GP 4-seasons, but settled on Specialized Roubaix Pro 25/28 for less money ($40 each). The main concern was whether the tire will clear the Tektro Dual Pivot brakes or not... and they do.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/roubaix-pro/p/156469?color=230998-156469

I've trained and raced (7-10,000/yr) for many years on Continental GP4000s which have now been superseded by the GP5000s (7-10,000/yr). They have great grip, excellent durability and good puncture resistance. Our team recently struck a deal with another tire manufacturer and I have to race on those but will continue to train on the Contis as I think they are a superior tire. They can be had for about $40/tire online.

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Specialized tires as I don't know anyone who rides them. I have read various reviews on them which range from ok to good.

Wouldn't you want to RACE on something a bit more supple, and 'tubular-like', such as a Vittoria Corsa, or whatever the Conti equivalent of those is currently?

Did you at least use a Conti, Vittoria, or Michelin LATEX inner tube when you were racing on those 4000s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back