242,000 mile Honda CVT filter C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off of Marco620's 2015 Honda Civic. Had 242,000 miles on it. This filter fits a lot of the newer Honda CVT transmissions and even 2001-current A/Ts in certain models. Counted 23 pleats. This filter is SMALL, probably half the size of normal cartridge engine filters. No wonder its a "lifetime" filter, this thing looks great for 242,000!

Marco620 has been using Castrol CVT fluid for a while. I think its safe to say Castrol CVT is just fine in place for HCF-2 fluid. Which is great news since its usually $5 on sale. I also have been using it in the CR-V with factory like performance.

Marco620's Original Thread Regarding This Filter.

Also thanks Marco620 for the extra filter you gifted me! I'll have to stick it on the CRV for its next CVT fluid change.
cheers3.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Aftermarket OEM replacement filter: BECK/ARNLEY 0440383

Our 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport has one as well. Super easy to access this filter on the Nissan CVT. (No removing of various parts as on the Honda.) I bought this filter already and it is small! I was planning on changing fluid/filter around our 5th yr. of ownership (aprx. 25k mi.) Thanks for the photos!

Well you learn something new everyday. Next time I do an oil change I'll look for it. 20K currently on the 18 CRV 1.5LT. Good to know about castrol cvt fluid.

With the 9 Mpg he probably gets in that truck, fuel dilution probably thins the oil out for him

242,000 on a CVT. Perhaps this will convince one or two of our naysayers that CVTs are not weak.

But then again, they may still think that.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
242,000 on a CVT. Perhaps this will convince one or two of our naysayers that CVTs are not weak.

Honda are good. Toyota are good. Subaru are good.
Nissan CVTs still consistently prematurely fail.

CVTs behind a power unit with moderate output is no big deal.
CVTs behind today's 900+ Ft-Lb personal use diesel trucks with 30,000+ tow ratings probably not a great idea ...

Originally Posted by Miller88
Originally Posted by SeaJay

Honda are good. Toyota are good. Subaru are good.
Nissan CVTs still consistently prematurely fail.

Well not mine... At 273,000 miles... VQ motor 3.5.

Though I believe the CVT generation after mine 2013 and forward certainly had issues for a number of reasons. Bad ECM programming from the factory was and is a big problem for them..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back