303 annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bigger bottle after reading glowing reviews here. It gives a nice finish but man, seams it gets into where two pieces of plastic touch, it creates the most annoying creaking noise. Two materials coated with this stuff can not touch. The dash in my Crown Vic, especially the passenger airbag and what surrounds it makes a ridiculous amount of noise after treating with 303. I sprayed it onto the dash liberally since it is an older car that has sat outside.

I too have read great reviews on 303 be it here at Bob's or on other sites & reviews. However, I have never purchased 303. This is good information for those who don't know...like myself.
laugh.gif

Sometimes we don't know, what we don't know!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I have never sprayed it on my dash in a liberal fashion as I didn't want to have to wipe it off my windshield.

Maybe you could try spraying some water over those areas where the 2 pieces touch to clean the 303 off?

Interesting. I'm under the impression that 303 is a bit of silicone in water. I'd think that the leave-behind silicone would serve as a lubricant.

As jhs914 said, you never apply a dressing straight to a surface. A few sprays onto a cloth and wiping the dash will be much cleaner and more controlled. This is true with a lot of detailing products.

Originally Posted by jhs914
Spray the cloth and wipe the dash, don't spray the dash and then wipe.

That's the ticket no matter what you're using. No overspray all over the windshield

Originally Posted by jhs914
Spray the cloth and wipe the dash, don't spray the dash and then wipe.

Exactly and you don't need a whole lot of product either.

Im old,,,lol, When I read 303, my mind went directly to the British rifle bolt action model...great rifle..

yep 303 is great but apply to a microfiber rag or old cotton tee shirt..

then wipe. Reduces the massive evap. scum on the windows that way too.

Yes, the lesson is, spray on a rag and wipe. But, you might need to do this a couple times to avoid streaking if the surface is more neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back