Did I get a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mez

I purchase (12) Amsoil P.I. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive at a cost of $50 on Facebook Maketplace. It was impulse buy when I saw on my phone that the Amsoil P.I retails for $13.85. I haven't research it and is it any good?

Originally Posted by gathermewool
A deal on something you don't need is not a deal...

01.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4

01.gif

While I agree with both above, if OP decides to re-sell them at anything over $5 each, he's making money.
...that's probably something I'd do, but then again I wouldn't need 12 bottles of something I can get by simply running a better fuel.
49.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

01.gif

While I agree with both above, if OP decides to re-sell them at anything over $5 each, he's making money.
...that's probably something I'd do, but then again I wouldn't need 12 bottles of something I can get by simply running a better fuel.
49.gif

I did that once and WHAT A HASSLE, just to make a few bucks on each

So the OP doesn't think I'm being holier than thou, I purchased a 12-pack of Redline SI-1 for almost $70 back in 2011.

I did a couple of full doses on my '08 STI, then switched to maintenance doses. Probably 100% a waste of money, and especially time.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

01.gif

49.gif

While someone can get better (or more) detergents by switching to a better brand of gasoline, the detergent dosage you get in pump gas is lower than the detergent dosage you get by using the bottled detergent additive.

If in retail it costs 13.85 and you got it on Facebook for 50 dollars than yeah you got a bad deal, and was ripped off by 50 dollars minus 13.85

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back