Napa gold 1042

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased the filter via Amazon. Surprised to see "made in Venezuela" since the last one I had was made in USA.
Nobody I know who uses these filters has ever seen one not made in USA. Anyone here seen this before? Even better, anyone here cut one open and compare to a USA filter?
ozyFHl8

Originally Posted by Coopduc
I recently purchased the filter via Amazon. Surprised to see "made in Venezuela" since the last one I had was made in USA.
Nobody I know who uses these filters has ever seen one not made in USA. Anyone here seen this before? Even better, anyone here cut one open and compare to a USA filter?
ozyFHl8

I haven't saw one of these yet

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Do you think it could be a counterfeit?

I don't think so. The manufacturer, Mann+Hummel, shows a production location in Venezuela. I'm a bit surprised because I thought we had a trade embargo with them. Maybe it's limited to certain industries.

Last edited:
Doubt it's counterfeit ... a good counterfeiter wouldn't make that mistake.

[Linked Image]

Just took a look through about 30 filters from napa's filter sale last fall. Mostly 7060 and 1762 and a couple others, all made in USA.

I forgot to mention in my original post that the filter didn't come in a typical Napa box, but instead came shrink wrapped.
I emailed the provider and asked about the COO and also about the packaging. I received an email back almost immediately, here is their statement:

"Yes, although I would say around %90 of Napa's filters are made in the US ever since Mann + Hummel bought out there filter division a year ago some of the filters now (mostly air filters) but some oil filters are imported. They also still make those 1042's in the US but it just depends on which batch I get when I order them. The reason there was no Napa box with your order is because it is more cost efficient on my end when shipping some products to Amazon. The imported filters are made with the same specs as the ones in the US. Side note: you're the first person to ask about that and im surprised it has not happened more often."

Still curious to me that nobody else has seen this COO.

Most Napa filters I ever got were either USA or Mexico. Mostly the Silvers and some Proselect are the ones that came from Mexico but I have seen one or two Golds from South Korea. The one that threw me off was a Napa 1334 I got for the Veloster that was made in USA but at the time, the website had a picture of the filter and it stated "Made in Mexico". I know the interactive page on Napa Filters had updated it but not sure about the actual product page on Napas site.That filter I got from the store was also shrink wrapped and not in a box. I am curious if the shrink wrapped filter was part of a Master Pack as the other filters that came in a box were never shrink wrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back