Summer is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know summer is here?

In town, the snow shovels are on sale!
laugh.gif

59EE95D6-89D4-4997-90B3-3F6EA1339892.jpeg

Last edited:
Summer has been here for quite a while. 111F this week, or 44C. Actually not too bad, 3 years ago it was 121F, or 49.4C.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Those are grain shovels.

Yep, and too small for shoveling snow--unless if it's some sort of wet packing snow, it'd old real quick working with such a small shovel.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
You boys down south of the line don't know much about removing snow. The tough work is done with this. Those snow shovels just trim it up.
laugh.gif

How much do those gas engine snow blowers cost? Is it worth the cost VS a snow shovel?

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
You boys down south of the line don't know much about removing snow. The tough work is done with this. Those snow shovels just trim it up.
laugh.gif

How much do those gas engine snow blowers cost? Is it worth the cost VS a snow shovel?

Up north where Snaggle is, definitely. When I had my own house in Illinois, there was always lots of powdery snow days where the snow blower was great. Now that I live in a HOA (ewww) that takes care of that, there's barely been any snow.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
laugh.gif

Sure can be, when you've shoveled for a few days in a row, and it's time to go shovel again... Snowblower makes easy work of moving snowbanks too, just run it into the bank (or sideways) and try to blow snow up and over. If you don't, you often find yourself running out of driveway.

I've been a cheapskate and run a small blower, and found that it works great on powder--but since that stuff is so easy to move by hand, I usually do that (good workout). The heavy stuff, the blower can't throw far enough, and it is a bit too much of a workout!

Anyhow. My last snowblower came from the transfer station. Free. But a bad motor. Put on a Chonda for cheap money, unfortunately I went with an undersized motor and it really just doesn't do the job (plus the machine is too big and heavy for me). The other blower I have I picked up off CL for $150 in the fall. Works ok.

Last couple of winters haven't been that bad. I think only 6 feet of snow. Actually I can't think of when I've had to move even a foot during a storm, usually the amount isn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back