Buying a 4 post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bendpack/Ranger is pretty decent.....All the newer lifts at my job are Bendpacks & have been reliable.
All lifts with equalization cables require yearly adjustments, Which is better than Chain Drive models in my opinion as the sprockets & chains wear out.

Don't overlook Rotary as an alternative......To bad Grey doesn't still make light duty 4 post lifts, Those were some of the best in the business.

How I rank the current crop of lifts....."American engineered"
1. Rotary
2. Bendpack
3. Challenger

Last edited:
Trav 2 post is not an option
Intended use is hor rod building and maintenance on my junk!

Whatever lift you get, make sure it's certified. Two tons of vehicle falling on your head is a bad deal. I have a Bend-Pak 4 post HD-9. It has been good. I store a car on it otherwise I would have gotten asymmetric 2 post. Hanging corners and access to the driveline with the added bonus of fully opening the drivers door are strong incentives for the 2 post asymmetric.

If I were to buy a 4 post I would want one with a movable cross beam with a jack so I could lift the wheels off the lift one axle at a time.

I would buy the Bendpack out of the 2......The HD 9 accepts roller jacks!!

Revolution & Forward lift are under the same corporate umbrella as Rotary (Dover), But are not the same.

Yep yep and yep. Those are the exact points that I have been researching tonight.
Now to find the best price.

Originally Posted by Trav
If I were to buy a 4 post I would want one with a movable cross beam with a jack so I could lift the wheels off the lift one axle at a time.

Mine has the moveable cross beam. I supply the jack(s). The crossbeam with the built in jacks cost nearly as much as the lift itself.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Originally Posted by Trav

Mine has the moveable cross beam. I supply the jack(s). The crossbeam with the built in jacks cost nearly as much as the lift itself.

Yes...They are very expensive! Which is one of the reasons why I prefer a Clear Floor 2-Post lift over 4-post lifts. 4-post have so many limitations, I have a hard time grasping "Why?"

I really didn't expect to have to defend my decision to use a 4 post verses a 2 post. That decision was made many years ago and has been working very well for me! Was just looking for any good or bad info as I'm getting ready to buy a new 4 post for my new shop.
Thanks ! None the less

In a workshop a 4 post is useless. We have one for wheel alignments, our other one was unused, so have dragged it outside so we can do a full underside clean of vehicles. The old bay where the 4 post was is now a hydraulic hose station.

But the OP wants it for hotrod building, and a 4 post would be perfect for this. Like a bike lift or table for building a motorcycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back