NAPA GOLD #7712 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Subyrubieroo and off a Subaru in his fleet
smile.gif

Real funky seam area and guess no quality control that day. ANYWAYS, everything else looks ok and some "stuff" in can I see
wink.gif

20190623_115049.jpg

20190623_115300.jpg

20190623_115319.jpg

20190623_115312.jpg

20190623_115330.jpg

20190623_115337.jpg

20190623_115341.jpg

20190623_115352.jpg

DANG!!

And from a Napa GOLD?

It's like the metal seam piece was too long, and got "pushed over" when it was assembled....

But, Yeah - - - - - the quality control on this one sucks big time

Originally Posted by Linctex

DANG!!

And from a Napa GOLD?

It's like the metal seam piece was too long, and got "pushed over" when it was assembled....

But, Yeah - - - - - the quality control on this one sucks big time

Yeah, I couldn't believe the seam area, pretty *****!

I use Mann filters exclusively , doesn't matter if it's a cartridge or a can and I never have to wonder if it's ok or not .

Never seen that before. You'd think modern assembly lines would have electric eyes all over and spit this specimen to the trash.

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
Never seen that before. You'd think modern assembly lines would have electric eyes all over and spit this specimen to the trash.

Yeah, must be 0 quality control down in Mexico
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wemay
This is a weird one for sure.

Yeah, I'm going to steer clear of stuff "made in Mexico". Quality is gone way south. Even my brothers company making stuff for OEM's has gone to hades he tells me after he saw the Hermosilio plant
frown.gif

You guys need to get glasses and check better before you start saying that only made in America stuff is good. The very first picture says in 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish) MADE IN THE USA. EEUU IS SPANISH FOR USA. So from all the comments above it's American quality control that sucks. The ignorance and xenophobia is big with this group

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by wemay
This is a weird one for sure.

Yeah, I'm going to steer clear of stuff "made in Mexico". Quality is gone way south. Even my brothers company making stuff for OEM's has gone to hades he tells me after he saw the Hermosilio plant
frown.gif

Considering the filter u posted is made in the USA better steer clear of American made filters cause quality control sucks

For anyone who has ever disagreed with using a bigger than normal filter, here is your proof. 7712 is the "OEM" cross reference for size, and looked like this. The 7055 is longer and looked great. I'm glad I stocked my shelf with 7055s and not 7712s!

This was the filter on my Impreza when I bought it, and this size will never be on any of my cars again! They can use em on Nissans or something
lol.gif

Just for reference, this was probably on the car when I bought it for less than 100 miles. Bought it, drove it to work 2 days since it was raining, and did an oil/filter change. Glad I didn't wait long!

Originally Posted by Gimpy1
You guys need to get glasses and check better before you start saying that only made in America stuff is good. The very first picture says in 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish) MADE IN THE USA. EEUU IS SPANISH FOR USA. So from all the comments above it's American quality control that sucks. The ignorance and xenophobia is big with this group

Sounds like you are very biased towards anything made in the U.S.A.

Maybe you should take a look at a POS Parts Master before calling anyone here ignorant

Have a nice day

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
That's why I use Fram Ultra for a few more bucks.

Very true, even a Tough Guard would fit the bill
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
That's why I use Fram Ultra for a few more bucks.

Very true, even a Tough Guard would fit the bill
wink.gif

I have had great results with the Tough Guard also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back