2019 Subaru Impreza front and rear diff oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by xtell
gathermewool,

Absolutely no issue at all. I was just stating that I've been fortunate enough to have warranty work done and my receipts/records have always been accepted. Several of my relatives went to dealerships for warranty work and they also had receipts/records of work they did themselves on their vehicles and the Dealerships would not do the warranty work because the previous repairs / service (like transmission fluid changes) were not done by a Dealership or Certified Mechanic. Your example of having low fluid level giving the Dealership reason to deny a warranty claim is a very valid point.

Perfect - just didn't mean to inadvertently offend you.

RE: Low level in diff cause for warranty denial: This might actually be a bad example. If you and I can change the diff fluid ourselves, we can for darned sure check the level before taking it into the dealer.

If any dealer denied warranty service, because I did work myself and had documentation to prove it, they'd better be ready to lose that fight. Again, the only reason I could see them denying a specific component for warranty repair, is if the DIYer did other work that impacted this work.

I think I've got a good example here: if you upgrade your roll bar to one that is thicker than OEM and then take your vehicle in for warranty repair of the endlinks that failed. In this case, they'd have every right to tell you to go pound sand.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by xtell
gathermewool,

Absolutely no issue at all. I was just stating that I've been fortunate enough to have warranty work done and my receipts/records have always been accepted. Several of my relatives went to dealerships for warranty work and they also had receipts/records of work they did themselves on their vehicles and the Dealerships would not do the warranty work because the previous repairs / service (like transmission fluid changes) were not done by a Dealership or Certified Mechanic. Your example of having low fluid level giving the Dealership reason to deny a warranty claim is a very valid point.

Perfect - just didn't mean to inadvertently offend you.

RE: Low level in diff cause for warranty denial: This might actually be a bad example. If you and I can change the diff fluid ourselves, we can for darned sure check the level before taking it into the dealer.

If any dealer denied warranty service, because I did work myself and had documentation to prove it, they'd better be ready to lose that fight. Again, the only reason I could see them denying a specific component for warranty repair, is if the DIYer did other work that impacted this work.

I think I've got a good example here: if you upgrade your roll bar to one that is thicker than OEM and then take your vehicle in for warranty repair of the endlinks that failed. In this case, they'd have every right to tell you to go pound sand.

I've never understood this attitude by dealerships and some of the reasons I've read for dealerships to deny legitimate warranty work have been ridiculous and impossible for the dealership to prove. Is the hope in denying legit warranty work that the customer will have to reimburse at a higher rate? Why do they care and why wouldn't they be on their customer's side if not just for the goodwill even if it's at al lower rate? This just seems penny wise pound foolish as it usually just results in a [censored] off customer who will no longer purchase or service vehicles at that dealership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back