Which one is the BB gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a M&P 40 BB gun to match my M&P 40. It is almost the same in every detail. Blowback action, replaceable backstraps, removable magazine... gun pistol!

B7E044ED-0EB0-4F6C-8A13-F99AF36AF97F.jpeg

Real gun on right but they are real close. No way a cop could tell them apart in a split second. Or even a few seconds.

On the left. Barrel has no sliding wear.

Looking closer, the barrel isn't tilted either to receive a round.
Looks really real though .

Last edited:
LOL on the slide on the left.

No orange in the barrel? That the most realistic BB gun I have ever seen, outside of a Crosman Phantom 1000. As to Realistic BB or airsoft. The Crosman is .177 , the pistol is regular plastic BB? Shoot one, pull slide, shoot again, no CO2?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by talest
No orange in the barrel? That the most realistic BB gun I have ever seen,

Why bother???

If I were to commit an armed robbery - - the first thing I would do is paint the muzzle bright orange.

I don't see the point in why you want a BB gun that matches your .40 cal. These BB guns and air softs that are purpose built to completely mimic almost every visual aspect of a particular model of handgun or rifle leave me scratching my head. All they do is generate runs for police if a kid is seen with one. They may not get you out of an armed enhancement to a robbery charge in most states if you brandish one during a robbery, since victim perception or suspect inferrance are written into some state criminal codes for forcible felonies.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I don't see the point in why you want a BB gun that matches your .40 cal. These BB guns and air softs that are purpose built to completely mimic almost every visual aspect of a particular model of handgun or rifle leave me scratching my head. All they do is generate runs for police if a kid is seen with one. They may not get you out of an armed enhancement to a robbery charge in most states if you brandish one during a robbery, since victim perception or suspect inferrance are written into some state criminal codes for forcible felonies.

The point is perfectly clear. It's the same reasoning of buying a .22 that mimics are centerfire gun or buying a conversion kit.

Originally Posted by hatt

The point is perfectly clear. It's the same reasoning of buying a .22 that mimics are centerfire gun or buying a conversion kit.

Just by weight or feel alone, yes - - - but, you still need to practice with "real" recoil, which you can't get with a BB gun.

I also don't see any need for the "replicas"

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by hatt

Just by weight or feel alone, yes - - - but, you still need to practice with "real" recoil, which you can't get with a BB gun.

I also don't see any need for the "replicas"

Most competitive shooters do a lot of dry firing and manipulating unloaded guns. You can practice an awful lot of stuff without needed full power ammo.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

It's just for fun. I can shoot it in my yard with my kids and teach them gun safety along the way.

Why bother???
If I were to commit an armed robbery - - the first thing I would do is paint the muzzle bright orange.

So the people you were robbing would think you didn't have a real gun and attack you...and then you really would have to shoot them?
I don't get the logic...

My friend went to college in Los Angeles, he was big into fraternity life and was running the entrance to a house party. He turned some local non college kid away from coming in. Kid comes back with what looks like an assault rifle threatening them. LAPD shows up asap and blows the kid away in the street. Air Soft gun with no orange tip.

I could see someone getting into trouble toting this around the yard just having some fun.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Kid comes back with what looks like an assault rifle threatening them. LAPD shows up asap and blows the kid away in the street. Air Soft gun with no orange tip.
Sounds like natural selection to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Why bother???

So the people you were robbing would think you didn't have a real gun and attack you...and then you really would have to shoot them?
I don't get the logic...

There's not much logic in a robbery. Very easy for it turn into murder or getting killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back