Running the husky 390

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had several oak logs to cut. Very dry and hard.

Man it really cut right through them! Had the oiler on position 3.

Nice big sawdust.

It was almost fun to cut these, as the saw handled them easily.

Last pics are of some pines I'll drop soon.

Nothing like cutting with a big cc saw!

IMG_20190622_160452066.jpg

IMG_20190622_160505513.jpg

IMG_20190622_160445571.jpg

IMG_20190622_151841579.jpg

IMG_20190622_151651253.jpg

Very nice! Great saw and some excellent firewood there.

Men love to boast about their big tool(s), so always be prepared to be one-upped. A former student employee of mine is pictured below with "Big Mo". Even he admitted it was not the most practical saw here in Michigan. But, if you have it, flaunt it, LOL! At my age, give me the lightest saw that will get the job done.

[Linked Image]

Wow! Now that's a saw!
Logger saw! More saw than I would ever need.

I'm coming up on age 55, can handle the husky fine.
I use the echo cs-450 for limbing, and really I need a lighter saw for limbing. I may sell it and get a smaller lighter saw.

My echo 45cc saw would have taken twice as long to cut those. Plus I wore out the original laminated bar. The sprocket seized at full speed and the bar separated ( yes I have a sprocket greaser and I use it.)

It was getting worn thin on the tip anyway

I ordered a new bar. I also flip my bars over from time to time, to even out the wear.

IMG_20190622_165048147.jpg

IMG_20190622_165100843.jpg

IMG_20190622_165118040.jpg

Last edited:
currently have an 'electra mac' with 12-18" bars.
yes I've cut my extension cord in two, more than once. : (

From the title, I was expecting to see an old Husqvarna 390 motocross bike! That dry oak would make some beautiful bowls.

Or some heavy yet good firewood
lol.gif

My dad and his friend Dave had cut down a massive red oak tree where the base of that tree's logs we're over 7 feet around in circumference... Which is really quite large for red oak in my area... One section cut out by Dave's big saw must have weighed 300 pounds plus... They used a drill type machine to split the cut sections of red oak. Took all the combined strength those two had to push a section into the drill bit to split a section of that log. My mom and Dave's wife both thought they both were stupid
lol.gif

Biggest oak tree I ever saw was at a rental house we had in northern Gloucester county... A Willow oak tree measured 32 feet around at the base of that massive tree. There were several other huge trees on that property. Which no doubt dated back to the Revolutionary war... That property was actually the former brother of 1st President George Washington's. His brother John Washington... In fact the name of the former plantation was called Highgate. I found John Washington and his wife's burial site on the northwest edge of the property in the woods... Engraved granite top to both their burial places..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back