2006 Camry 4 cyl. 15,000 miles on M1 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling.gif
Now what did you say the address of your tent was?

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Thanks for a common sense answer , lots of crap slung around here . You laid it out correctly and honestly

I agree...

Originally Posted by alchargo

So it's an extra car that's not needed and you don't want to spend $25 on an oil change? Why haven't you just sold it?

It's not my car; it's my parents. I'm visiting and borrowing it for errands and stuff instead of using my car (which has Mobil 1 and an Amsoil Filter).

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
You don't know what you are talking about. I hope the engine grenades. What you are posting is pure silly ness

How many more miles do you think I got on this car? I'm willing to keep driving/abusing it for the sake of science and BITOG knowledge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Deontologist

So it's an extra car that's not needed and you don't want to spend $25 on an oil change? Why haven't you just sold it?

It's not my car; it's my parents. I'm visiting and borrowing it for errands and stuff instead of using my car (which has Mobil 1 and an Amsoil Filter).

You don't know what you are talking about. I hope the engine grenades. What you are posting is pure silly ness

How many more miles do you think I got on this car? I'm willing to keep driving/abusing it for the sake of science and BITOG knowledge.

You know there are charities (Salvation Army, Red Cross, Kars for Kids, etc.) that accept used cars as donations. Putting it to some constructive use may be better for your karma than abusing it to death for no reason.

Last edited:
Too many variables present to learn anything scientifically from just one or two UOA's; loose airbox, cold oil capture, abused engine, make-up oil. OP will waste money on an UOA but not oil. None of this adds up to any knowledge. Or any sense. Read Cujet's post carefully.

Danh has a good idea, please consider it.

Originally Posted by Danh

You know there are charities (Salvation Army, Red Cross, Kars for Kids, etc.) that accept used cars as donations. Putting it to some constructive use may be better for your karma than abusing it to death for no reason.

+1

I donated my 2001 Subaru outback sedan with 200k on the clock to an organization. Car is currently being put to good use once again by a single parent family.

As others have said...give it some thought.

Originally Posted by HangFire
Too many variables present to learn anything scientifically from just one or two UOA's; loose airbox, cold oil capture, abused engine, make-up oil. OP will waste money on an UOA but not oil. None of this adds up to any knowledge. Or any sense. Read Cujet's post carefully.

Danh has a good idea, please consider it.

Finally, the voice of reason:)

If you were closer to me I'd give you gallons of Maxlife 15w40 HDEO and some HK 10W30 HDEO
smile.gif

Doesnt look long for the world being driven low on oil is for darn sure
wink.gif

Oh well

Thank you OP for posting this UOA for 15K miles. People need to versed themselves about condemnation level for FE and AL before posting about high ppm on this UOA.

Throw a jug of supertech hm dino and a st filter with maybe a squirt or two of oil stabilizer and call it a day. Don't run it into the ground for no reason. The donation idea wouldn't hurt either.

I think our collective fears of changing the oil too late is a little bit overblown. My Fe level isn't perfect, but the engine is still purring just fine at redline.

I already have a brand new oversize M1 filter that will fit the vehicle, but now I just need to find some oil to put into it. Preferably not bar and chain oil, but it is temping to have it right in the garage with me.

Last edited:
I think our collective fears of changing the oil too late is a little bit overblown. My Fe level isn't perfect, but the engine is still purring just fine at redline.

I already have a brand new oversize M1 filter that will fit the vehicle, but now I just need to find some oil to put into it. Preferably not bar and chain oil, but it is temping to have it right in the garage with me.

Empirical testing shows that most engines can go about 60,000 miles without an oil change before a hard failure. At some point, the oil fails to perform it's required task and engine failure results. Of course, every situation is different and we've seen an oil related engine failure (or two) with just 20,000 mile OCI's.

An interesting game, for sure.

As for "fears being overblown", we know the results of failure to regularly change the oil. We know the wear rates, we know the components that fail first (chains) and we know just how many and what size particulates are acceptable, along with dilution rates. We even know how many hours to expect from each engine model, under normal conditions. The fact that you don't find this information on Google, does not mean it isn't there. Just ask GM about the oil life monitor and warranty balancer chain claims.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Do you have any sources to back up your claims, such as that it takes 60,000 miles on an oil change to cause permanent damage?

Originally Posted by LotI
Florida Man...

hahahaha

This might be the cheapest thing I've ever read. Drain out 15k oil and then pour it back in.

Originally Posted by Cujet

Empirical testing shows that most engines can go about 60,000 miles without an oil change before a hard failure. At some point, the oil fails to perform it's required task and engine failure results. Of course, every situation is different and we've seen an oil related engine failure (or two) with just 20,000 mile OCI's.

An interesting game, for sure.

As for "fears being overblown", we know the results of failure to regularly change the oil. We know the wear rates, we know the components that fail first (chains) and we know just how many and what size particulates are acceptable, along with dilution rates. We even know how many hours to expect from each engine model, under normal conditions. The fact that you don't find this information on Google, does not mean it isn't there. Just ask GM about the oil life monitor and warranty balancer chain claims.

[Linked Image]

Cujet knows oil life. He presents factual photos with info attached. But that's a generic statement, since so many oil brands exist.

What oil is inside your engine(s) Cujet? How long are your OCIs?

Put the vehicle to good use and take care of it. If not sell it to someone that will. I picked up a 2004 Camry with the 2.4 ltr engine in it and love that vehicle. The thing runs great! I will be using the 5/30 M1 HM and changing it at 12 months or 10000 miles.

Intentionally trying to blow up an engine is unforgivable. Regardless of the circumstance there are people in need who could use this vehicle to drive their children to school or to get a job. If you don't have use for a good running car you should donate it to those in need not blow it up for your selfish desires

Lol. That's like kicking a animal just because it was abused in previous life. I don't get it. Changing oil is the least that can be done. Some Sixteen kid could use a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back