Cooper Adds Solarus to the Starfire Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/730473/cooper-adds-solarus-to-the-starfire-line

Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.’s new Starfire Solarus AS is designed to provide all-season performance for passenger cars and crossover vehicles at a value price.

The new Solarus AS replaces the Starfire SF340 and the Starfire RS-C 2.0.

The company says the Solarus AS offers an enhanced tread compound and tread profile for all-season traction. The tire is designed to provide a smooth ride with controlled handling, and features deep, lateral shoulder grooves to ensure excellent traction throughout the life of the tire. Carefully placed sipes provide biting edges in wet, dry and winter conditions.

The new tire reduces overlap in speed ratings within the Starfire line and offers more vehicle fitments than its predecessors.

“The product size offerings of the Starfire SF340 and RS-C 2.0 covered 65% of the market, but the new Starfire Solarus AS is available in sizes covering 81% of the passenger touring market. This tire also features an upgraded 50,000-mile warranty,” says Scott Jamieson, Cooper’s director of product management.

The Starfire Solarus AS will be available in 52 sizes this year.

For more information, visit www.coopertire.com.

M-CooperStarfireSolarusAS-LR-1.jpg

Last edited:
It's a fail on Cooper's part, because it's part of their press release

http://coopertire.com/News/Corporate-News-Releases/Cooper-Tire-Launches-New-Starfire-Solarus-AS™.aspx

Hey sparky,

Just because the press release date was July 12 doesn't mean that's when the tires hit the market. Your post is a fail.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Hey sparky,

Just because the press release date was July 12 doesn't mean that's when the tires hit the market. Your post is a fail.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat

It's not a fail on me, because article says

Quote:
For more information, visit www.coopertire.com.

If one wants to find more information on the Solarus, they should go on Cooper Tire's website. Since it's not on Cooper's website, it's a fail in their part since marketing hasn't linked up with their website designer to put this information in. They could always put on the website, the timeframe when the tires will be available.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The CS5 can be had with good rebates sometimes, so I'd rather use that than the Starfire

also the rare-er CS3...

Originally Posted By: pandus13
The CS5 can be had with good rebates sometimes, so I'd rather use that than the Starfire

also the rare-er CS3...

The CS3 was just replaced by the Evolution Tour
smile.gif

also the rare-er CS3...

smile.gif

Here is the kicker.

Can you tell which is which, by looking at the tread pattern? For a new line of tire, they sure look like the old. So, I am assuming that there is a new tread compound and / or new carcass.

This is just an observation. I am sure the CS3 was a good tire and there was no reason to change the tread pattern. I am sure the new Evolution Tour will be even better with the unknown changes. Cooper makes really good tires. This exact tread pattern is also used on the new Evolution HT light truck and SUV tire, as well.

also the rare-er CS3...

smile.gif

I love BITOG.
Everyday you learn something new.

Replacing both the Starfire SF340â„¢ and the Starfire RS-C 2.0â„¢, ... the Solarus AS

Deleted body of post as found answer to question on line...

"enhanced tread compound and tread profile"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back