Aisin PAO/Ester Blend 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Pajero was due for an oil change and my Amazon order of M1 0W-40 did not arrive in time, so I went to get some locally. Walk into the store and I run into this stuff for $5.80/liter:

m9652u.jpg

It meets API SN and ACEA A3/B4-10. For the life of me, however, I cannot find a PDS. Not on Aisin's Australian website or anywhere else for that matter. Anyone happen to be in the know?

Jetronic,

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
what changed between A3/B4-10 and the current A3/B4?

I remember searching for exactly the same thing and I did not find any changes between ACEA A3/B4-10 and the current edition of A3/B4.

Last edited:
A3B4-10 needs only to report (for Engine Tests Wear) piston cleanliness and engine sludge average respectively.

However in A3B4-12, it specifies :
a) piston cleanliness > or = 12 , and
b) engine sludge average > or = 8.8

Edit: other parameters being the same.

Last edited:
That seems pretty cheap for an oil using a Grp IV/Grp V blend basestock.

Originally Posted By: volodymyr
Jetronic,

Originally Posted By: Jetronic

I remember searching for exactly the same thing and I did not find any changes between ACEA A3/B4-10 and the current edition of A3/B4.

They added low pumpability bench test for all spec except A3/B3.
New OM646 bio test for all spec.
Lower NOACK limit for A1/B1.

There is more, but can't remember, and can't find the source right now.

So the oil's been in service for about ~1,800 km (1,125 mi). Observations so far - engine's definitely run quieter and revs up smoother. This is especially noticeable in the higher rpm range - the engine turns 3,100 rpm at 75 MPH and you definitely notice it there.

I had a ticking lifter that initially quietened down just a bit, but after ~1,000 km, the ticking's gone altogether. Color wise, the oil was pretty much clear with a light yellow tint to it out the bottle. Now it's a light yellow/orangey color.

Just an update on this old thread started using this oil on my FJ Cruiser and compared to previous fills of Toyota 5W-40 synthetic and Shell Ultra Helix I am impressed so far. Much smoother engine with lower noise level on initial start and revs up far better. I think I am going to stick to this oil for good.

Originally Posted by RoyFJ
Just an update on this old thread started using this oil on my FJ Cruiser and compared to previous fills of Toyota 5W-40 synthetic and Shell Ultra Helix I am impressed so far. Much smoother engine with lower noise level on initial start and revs up far better. I think I am going to stick to this oil for good.

Is your Aisin oil made by SK or GS?
Post a photo of the rear label.

Originally Posted by chrisri
Originally Posted by volodymyr
Jetronic,

Originally Posted by Jetronic

They added low pumpability bench test for all spec except A3/B3.
New OM646 bio test for all spec.
Lower NOACK limit for A1/B1.

There is more, but can't remember, and can't find the source right now.

From another thread here recently.... (dunno to whom credit goes here on bitog!)

https://www.aftonchemical.com/Insights-and-Resources/Documents/Specification-Handbook#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back