How much moly is in Pennzoil ultra 0w40 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by burla
I guess you mean PUP, and it is around 250ppm.

Why does this say 51?
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
There is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and then there is Pennzoil Platinum Euro, I cant find a mention of an ultra platinum euro on pennzoils site. The VOA you posted is of the Euro blend.

You ommited the euro part in your first question, but the reason why euro oils have low moly is largely due to low saps, moly has one moly atom and two sulfur. They are trying to linit that, and the reason why PUP 0w40 has 250 moly is in large part it was made specifically for the 6.4 hemi and fca had a hand in that formula. If you want the higher moly, find PUP, if you want the lower moly find PP euro, I don't know that there is a PUP euro, I know PP didn't come in 0w40 unless it was euro, I don't know what else has changed.

based on available & posted UOAs, Does PUP with higher moly provide better wear numbers than PP? I prefer high moly oil.

Originally Posted by Dragon44
Trying to find this info but can't seem to find a recent VOA? Thanks for your help.

The amount of MoDTC in there is the correct amount to balance the formula for maximum friction reduction and protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back