hot shots secret fr3

Has anyone here used this product? I've had great success w/ their other products, so I'm inclined to give this product a try. Just wondering what experience anyone has had with it.

I'm skeptical of any product with the word "secret"........in the label.

"Negatively charged synthetic ester tenaciously attaches to all internal parts completely lubricating your engine." Ha Ha!

True Snake Oil is some type of purported medicine designed to be ingested to cure some ailment, so we can't call this Snake Oil. But if we could, we would.

If you read the complete MSDS, it appears the product contains nothing at all, and is essentially non-toxic to everything on the planet. Magic indeed.

"Synthetic esters" describes virtually every oil additive ever used in the lubricating industry, and those still in use today. A bunch of them come free with a bottle of oil.

The basic chemical reaction used to synthesize all esters involves a carboxylic acid and an alcohol reacting to form an ester and water. The reaction is reversible, so the product will generally tell the user to avoid water contamination. And lo and behold, this one does.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad

"Synthetic esters" describes virtually every oil additive ever used in the lubricating industry, and those still in use today. A bunch of them come free with a bottle of oil.

I agree, kind of why i posted the boiling point , flash point, and viscosity.

Again I'm no chemist but to me ....it....looks ...like....oil.

Originally Posted By: pupeperson
Has anyone here used this product? I've had great success w/ their other products, so I'm inclined to give this product a try. Just wondering what experience anyone has had with it.

Which other products have you used and what were the problems they solved?

I've used their "Stiction Eliminator" and their "Diesel Extreme" products in a 1986 Ford 6.9, a 2006 B series Dodge Cummins and a 2014 Cummins ISX15 in a Peterbilt 579. They performed as advertised and made all of those vehicles run smoother, idle better, make more power and deliver better fuel economy. It's because those products DID work as advertised that I'm inclined to give their FR3 product a chance.

Originally Posted By: pupeperson
From what I've read of the responses, no one has tried it, so their opinions are of little value.

That's a popular opinion here on BITOG, often expressed in additive discussions.

Considering the always subjective nature of the manufacturer's claims for the products I'd be inclined to agree.

Quote:
Secret FR3 Friction Reducer 32 FL. OZ.:
Increase fuel economy up to 5%

Extremely Doubtful.

Quote:
Reduction in oil operating temperature

From what temp down to what temp?

Quote:
Reduces engine wear up to 43%

From how many ppm of ferrous and other metals down to what ppm?

Quote:
Improves oil's oxidative stability

Why? Anti-oxidants are already in an engine oil.

Quote:
Restores lost compression

How?

Originally Posted By: kschacn
Considering the always subjective nature of the manufacturer's claims for the products I'd be inclined to agree.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
Secret FR3 Friction Reducer 32 FL. OZ.:
Increase fuel economy up to 5%

Extremely Doubtful.

The "before" test is uphill. After adding the additive, it's done downhill.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by pupeperson
From what I've read of the responses, no one has tried it, so their opinions are of little value.

That's a popular opinion here on BITOG, often expressed in additive discussions.

Really funny how people who have not tried something down the question the most. Hot Shot Secret has Dyno test, etc on you tube on their FR3 product and quite a few testimonials on YouTube of people who have actually tried some of their products. I used Diesel Kleen in my 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins and it DID make a positive difference in the way the engine ran. I am going to try Hot Shot Secret EDT as soon as I finish the Diesel Kleen. I say try the stuff and see. Then you could post a response based on something other than sitting in a chair typing on this blog and about something with no knowledge. I am going to try the FR3 as it reduces friction and the EDT in place of the Diesel Kleen just to see if I will notice a difference. FR3 on the dyno had a 14 horse power increase (reduced friction).

Last edited:

I don't need to break my arm to know it hurts.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR

I don't need to break my arm to know it hurts.

Brilliant !

Ok, I strongly recommend you try this product and then update the vast majority of us who will look on in suspense.

Originally Posted by jdjiii

Really funny how people who have not tried something down the question the most. Hot Shot Secret has Dyno test, etc on you tube on their FR3 product and quite a few testimonials on YouTube of people who have actually tried some of their products. I used Diesel Kleen in my 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins and it DID make a positive difference in the way the engine ran. I am going to try Hot Shot Secret EDT as soon as I finish the Diesel Kleen. I say try the stuff and see. Then you could post a response based on something other than sitting in a chair typing on this blog and about something with no knowledge. I am going to try the FR3 as it reduces friction and the EDT in place of the Diesel Kleen just to see if I will notice a difference. FR3 on the dyno had a 14 horse power increase (reduced friction).

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what were the dyno numbers before the FR3, and what were they WITH the FR3? Was the 14 HP difference greater than the statistical noise would potentially cause? Run two dyno runs on the same engine without changing lubes, 5 minutes apart, and you could realistically get a 14HP difference if the base HP was high enough.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Originally Posted by jdjiii

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what were the dyno numbers before the FR3, and what were they WITH the FR3? Was the 14 HP difference greater than the statistical noise would potentially cause? Run two dyno runs on the same engine without changing lubes, 5 minutes apart, and you could realistically get a 14HP difference if the base HP was high enough.

I can't remember which additive it was (frustrating me... its no longer sold) but years ago, they ran a dyno test on a ~500 hp 383ci small block Chevy and showed a 20+ hp increase with their additive. What they neglected to tell you is the first dyno pull was done on 20w-50 with a quart extra in the pan, and the second run, with the additive, was done on 0w-20 at a quart low and 50°F lower coolant and intake temps. "Picked up 20+ hp after adding our friction reducing product."

I've seen a 600 hp engine lose 30+ hp just from heat soaking. By that 10th dyno pull in a row, it's not happy.

Last edited:
OP- just try and and see if it benefits you. This forum is full of guys that think motor oils are made the absolute best they can be from the blender and need NO additives to be better. These same guys also believe that the manual telling us all to use 0W20 oils is best for engine longevity and nothing to do with CAFE/mandated EPA reasons...

There are many additives out there that work and there are probably many more that don't This has caused a majority of folks to instantly call all of them "snake oil" Think Slick 50, duralube, and prolong days. Technology has come a long way and I personally love additives from folks like Lubrimoly, HotShots and Lubeguard. They work and I've proven it to myself several times so no need to prove it to others.

Back