Summer gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Al
…..Where is Grampi?
Should be around shortly. Locally 20 cent a gallon jump overnight, from $2.20 to $2.40 for regular. Took awhile to come down since April, increases come in chunks. Funny how that works.

The stations in my little corner of paradise appear to have anticipated both the Iran thing and the refinery explosion. Prices jumped 60-cents/gallon on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by opus1
…... Prices jumped 60-cents/gallon on Tuesday.
Yikes! And here I thought 20 cent increase in one day was bad. All relative I guess.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
…... Prices jumped 60-cents/gallon on Tuesday.
Yikes! And here I thought 20 cent increase in one day was bad. All relative I guess.

Every area has at least a couple of mine canaries that provide a forecast of the general local trend.
If one of these leading indicator gas stations shows a significant jump, one would be wise to fill up at one of those stations that remain at a lower price tier, thus enabling most drivers to ride out the period of generally higher prices.
We've seen E10 87 octane as high as $2.899 in this area this spring but have never paid more than $2.599.
Last Thursday I filled the newest Accord for $2.299, using gasbuddy to locate a station near my normal commuting route that remained dirt cheap.
This thirsty HEV took 9.9 gallons for 569 miles traveled.

Prices in Canada vary so much from one province to the next, or even city to city.

Currently $1.0675/ US gallon difference ($0.282/l) in gas prices from Edmonton AB $3.39 per gallon ($0.897/l) to North Battleford, SK $4.46 per gallon($1.179/l) (241 miles apart)

Lloydminster, AB is $0.192 /l higher than Edmonton, AB, 155 miles apart, and in same province. 19.2 cents / liter is almost 73 cents / gallon.

Last edited:
Three days ago prices for regular jumped from $2.35-2.40 to $2.65 at several stations. $2.50-$2.55 about average locally. Up just in time for 4th driving.

And if you're in Illinois, the gas tax doubles tomorrow.

As it is, I already saved $0.20/gallon by filling up in Indiana before I went back to my house today. I guess I could have waited until tomorrow and saved even more
crackmeup2.gif

As it is, I already saved $0.20/gallon by filling up in Indiana before I went back to my house today. I guess I could have waited until tomorrow and saved even more
crackmeup2.gif

$0.38 increase.

#winning

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Sayjac
Three days ago prices for regular jumped from $2.35-2.40 to $2.65 at several stations. $2.50-$2.55 about average locally. Up just in time for 4th driving.

It is summer, isn't it.

crackmeup2.gif

Stations were a little crowded today and I filled all three vehicles as much as I possibly could.

Not only does this tax double, but it indexes every year after, so that's probably about another $.01 a year.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos

crackmeup2.gif

Stations were a little crowded today and I filled all three vehicles as much as I possibly could.

Not only does this tax double, but it indexes every year after, so that's probably about another $.01 a year.

Illinois : another example , I will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back