Getting Close To 5 Million Posts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this at the bottom left of the page.
We have to celebrate somehow!!

Everybody grab a beer out of the fridge and chug it as close to the posting of #5,000,000 as possible??
;^)

I'm confused...
[Linked Image]

Aren't we already there?

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
I'm confused...
[Linked Image]

Aren't we already there?

You're looking at post numbers, which likely include posts that have been deleted.

The number of non-deleted posts is listed on bottom left under "Forum Statistics".

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I'm confused...
[Linked Image]

Aren't we already there?

You're looking at post numbers, which likely include posts that have been deleted.

The number of non-deleted posts is listed on bottom left under "Forum Statistics".

That would be a lot of deleted posts. Too much
Trolling.gif
, maybe...

Originally Posted by JustN89
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I'm confused...
[Linked Image]

Aren't we already there?

Trolling.gif
, maybe...

It's a little over 2.8% of posts are deleted. What's the number of posts deleted on other forums?

My guess would be that there's a lot more deleted posts on other forums, just because they give the option to delete posts rather than have that locked to moderator only.

What's interesting is that the post counter wasn't visible until late October/early November in 2008 and it showed over 1 million posts already. I wonder if that was an accurate count from the start of BITOG or if there was a later date which they pulled from.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Trolling.gif
, maybe...

Sometimes entire threads get deleted. Some threads may have hundreds of posts in them that would disappear in such cases.

Originally Posted by philipp10
The 5 millionth poster gets free oil for life....

Your post appears to have been #5140325
48.gif

* Ahh I see it now. Looks like post 4,992,625. The only question is, what kind of free oil for life.. if I were a betting man, I would say M1, ? Or maybe Dollar Tree oil. 75 cents

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back