Brown Adipose Tissue versus White (Brown fat/White Fat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious topic...fat burning fat...babies are born with it, but as we rug up and get old, we lose it...

Posted THIS video as the guy is a crack-up

Interesting video. Learned something. The video reminded me of a friend that had surgery to remove a mass in their shoulder about twenty years ago that turned out to be brown fat. They were a lean and healthy long distance runner(Boston Marathon participant) that put away (good) beer like nobody's business! The mass really freaked them out. At the time I had never heard of brown fat and was told it was leftover baby fat. Now we know better. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to the middle of his back?
I have discolored indentation on the side of my back from when some jerk pitcher threw at me in a baseball game.
Of course, the proper response is not to attack the pitcher or lay on the ground moaning, but just stroll down to first like you didn't even notice his weak fastball bouncing off your muscle packed body...which I did, but it really did hurt.
Another guy hit me right at the base of my neck and then threw a fit at the ump saying it was a strike because it hit my bat after caroming off me.

Good video. Seems to have a bit of accuracy in it too. Certainly, leptins, glucose and other items can be managed to help health. Cold exposure is something I find interesting. I have mitochondrial dysfunction, Hashimoto's and a bunch of other autoimmune related issues (polyglandular endocrine failure) . While cold exposure is not a cure, it certainly does help me. My days are better when I am able to go outside in the snow without excess clothing. Unfortunately, due to thyroid failure (metabolism regulated by a daily AM pill) I randomly can't maintain temp and need to be warmed externally. So cold exposure is a risky thing too.

Last edited:
Cujet,
your "nested" issues surely make for a challenge, I'm sorry that it's that way.

This mob have some interesting videos of actual medical imaging where they induce brown fat burning through a cold jacket that they have developed.
https://coolfatburner.com/question/brown-fat/

I've been messing with Wim Hof for a while now, and (for example), last night did 30 minutes of Tummo meditation sitting outside on the concrete at -2C.

The changes over the last 9 months with regard to cold have been amazing, and enjoyable.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5124273/snow-day#Post5124273

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back