2003 Vic Brake Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed earlier this year when I put back on my 3 season tires that my fronts were at about 5mm remaining pad and the rears wernt much better. With nearly 100k I decided it best to just do pads and rotors all around.
Earlier this month I finally put aside the money and ordered Raybestos R300 rotors and EHT pads from RA.
While I was at it I also ordered some braided brake hoses.
I put them on a few days ago, discovering that the EHT pads are 'GG' rated, which is great.
Had a couple bad discoveries.
Upper BJ boots are torn, so Ill need to replace those before too long.
Left rear axle seal is seeping. Ill have to fix that soon before it ruins my new brakes. Good excuse to put carbon clutches in the Trac loc while I have the axles out of it. Im hoping its just a seal and not a worn out axle/bearing. I havent heard any strange noises. Worst case, I have another good axle I can pull a axleshaft from in my parts pile and just get a new bearing and seal. Ill find that out when I get into it in the next few months.
But got it all back together and bled, took it for a nice drive, burnished them in right away, then drove it for about 20 miles just to make sure they were good and cool before I parked it. So far, they seem to do the job. :p

photo_2019-06-16_17-38-19.jpg

photo_2019-06-20_20-36-10.jpg

photo_2019-06-20_20-36-16.jpg

Last edited:
Info love the feel of new brakes. I just put pads and rotors on my Lucerne up front last weekend. I used OE pads and ac Delco advantage coated rotors from the dealer. No more steering wheel shake when you brake. Nice and smooth.

Only time I replace rotors is when the old ones are grooved , messed up or thin .

Do you guys replace them , just because they are not new ?

But , then , I do not live in the salt belt . Thank God !

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Only time I replace rotors is when the old ones are grooved , messed up or thin .

Do you guys replace them , just because they are not new ?

But , then , I do not live in the salt belt . Thank God !

Generally, yes, unless they look really really good I replace them.
I dont get salt up here, so rust wasnt an issue, wear was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back