GM Dexron Developer Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Sadly, we report that our good friend Roy Fewkes passed away May 11th 2018 at the age of 69.

Roy had been a frequent poster in the atf-differential-trans-brakes-ps Forum.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/16/1/atf-differential-trans-brakes-p-s

Roy was a recognized leader in the development of driveline lubricants for both Lubrizol and General Motors.

Originally Posted by STLE July 2019
"...At GM he conceived and implemented the company's Dexron licensing and approval's program for automatic transmission fluids...

Roy was the author and coauthor of many patents relating to automatic transmission fluids, dual clutch transmission fluids, and gear oils and their testing protocols.

After his retirement from GM, he became a consultant to OEM's, oil, and additive manufacturers.

Born in Derby, UK, in the 1970's he developed and built racing engines and was appointed to the Royal Automobile Club Motor Sports Association as a senior motor racing official responsible for safety and technical compliance.

His presence and expertise in the Tribology community will be missed.

Mola

Last edited:
Originally Posted by The Critic
Roy was a great guy. I spoke to him on the phone many times.

He passed away in May 2018.

You are correct and I changed that in the OP.

The STLE just reported his passing in the July 2019 issue and said, "...passed away May 11th at age 69."

LubesnGreases reported his death in July 2018 but for some reason I missed it:

https://www.lubesngreases.com/resources/people-news/

I had wondered why he had not responded to some PM's nor had posted for awhile.

He and I sometimes disagreed on the topic of Multi-Vehicle ATF's but he always took comments in stride and was always eager to fill in some details on ATF's.

He was a great guy.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for updating us, Mola. That's sad to hear. I noticed he hadn't posted for an extended period. He didn't post huge amounts here, but I always liked his posts. He'll be sadly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back