Tire tech left my car smelling like BO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my tires rotated the other day and as I was leaving the shop, I smelled strong BO inside the car (also noticed some black grime on the door panels). Now, I know being a tire tech is a dirty job, so I sympathize with the guy who worked on my car. Maybe his deodorant reached the end of its limit, as it was towards closing time on a warm day

I drove home with the windows down to air everything out. It's now two days later, and there's still faint BO lingering. I'm going to try using hot water and soap to wipe down the driver's seat (cloth interior), and then pick up some ozium. This situation reminds of the Seinfeld episode where a smelly valet stinks up Jerry's car.

[Linked Image]

If you can't get rid of the odor you need to go back and voice your concern, you're not the only car he's placed his stink in.
Unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

Do that tech a potential favor and address the concern to his manager. State to him/her it might be health related and needs looked at.
It could be health related: His liver, could have type 2 diabetes and is unaware of it...

Dude is probably just nasty though and afraid of soap & water for some reason. A lot of truck drivers are like that. He probably has stinking breath too.

If you plan to continue business with that shop, definitely bring it to the manager's attention if it happens again. Both the body odor and smudged interior are significant issues. They will definitely want to know if it's not just a one-time thing.

Give the guy a break. He's humping it all day busting his pumpkin and yes he's going to perspire. This isn't Nordstrom's, it's a freaking garage.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Give the guy a break. He's humping it all day busting his pumpkin and yes he's going to perspire. This isn't Nordstrom's, it's a freaking garage.

Yep, they guy probably does 12 cars a day doing oil changes during the summer.

A shop down the road from me that I use quite often for tires and state inspections is kind of like that except it's cigarette smoke. They allow the techs to smoke in the shop and your vehicle will stink for a bit. I just deal with it because they're decent to deal with.

My friend's '97 F-150 was owned and driven by a funky fat man.
This guy fell against his own vehicle and noticeably damaged the box ahead of the LR wheel.

That was a great seinfeld episode! Good luck with the smell...

My son spilled a drinkable yogurt in my car onseats and floor...let me say...it smells like puke (still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back