2012 chevy equinox with 121,xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i keep getting code to change purge valve, I did it twice!!! Still on!! Then bank one sensor, still on! It keeps pushing the pcv hose out of the air intake, took oil cap off has blow by.... im confused on what could be going on here... but it loses oil when the pcv hose pops off of course.... any help suggestions etc. Would be great...thank-you

does it have a PCV valve or just an orifice?

You mentioned the PCV air IN from the AF but not PCV to throttle body or manifold.

Look for blockages in the plumbing and TB.

Taking off the oil cap doesnt generally tell you if you have blowby,. Thats the crank case volume change do to piston movement above the oil pan.

What engine? LF1 sixer or LEA 4 banger?

Last edited:
Assuming your egr solenoid is clicking, check for vacuum leaks and/or bad fuel tank pressure sensor. Make sure your gas cap closes tight. If your egr is opening and closing with the new valve, you can probably rule out a bad solenoid and control circuit. I'd say it's a pressure issue. Otherwise check the wiring harness and control circuit voltage.

If your pcv is held in just by a grommet like on my old Camry, it's either plugged or you got really bad blow by. If the pcv screws in like my current car, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is the hose coming off the pcv going to the intake just popping out/off of the intake fitting??? Maybe it's just a bad angle and you need a [better] clamp on it.

Last edited:
Ya know its not the factory gas cap, the previous owner replaced it and it say turn to one click but it always clicks two or more or if you do it softly it doesnt give it a full click...

P0013 and p0442 like I said though, I changed the purge and bank 1 sensor

Originally Posted by Robw
P0013 and p0442 like I said though, I changed the purge and bank 1 sensor

Well you know the codes so use Google to find what are the common causes for the EVAP DTC's and roll up your sleeves and get to work. Otherwise take it into a shop.

Start with that gas cap...

Originally Posted by Robw
Ok so i keep getting code to change purge valve, I did it twice!!! Still on!! Then bank one sensor, still on! It keeps pushing the pcv hose out of the air intake, took oil cap off has blow by.... im confused on what could be going on here... but it loses oil when the pcv hose pops off of course.... any help suggestions etc. Would be great...thank-you

Sounds like you have multiple problems. The most urgent is your crankcase pressure that is building up and forcing the PCV vent tube to become dislodged. The PCV oriffice in the head is likely clogged. There is GM Technical Service Bulletin on this. Go to the Equinox forum for advice. I have 2012 Equinox, 2.4L and I am aware of this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back