Hard Tonneau Cover Clean/Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for advise,have a Extang Tri Fold hard cover on my 14 Silverado. It has been
on roughly 4 years. It seems dull in appearance to me. Gave it a good cleaning but it
did not change the appearance much. Being a hard cover,it is either plastic or a hard
type of vinyl what would be best way to add some ship and protection that wouldn''t
run off with rain etc. Thanks

I use Carworx Refinish Restorer on my Avalanche's factory hard tonneau cover and sail panels. It lasts substantially longer than any other product I've used, including 303 Protectant.

Check out 303 aerospace protectant on Amazon... it's top notch. I've also used meguiars ultimate protectant and that worked pretty well but I think the 303 is better.

Last edited:
303 will wash off with the first site of water. Any decent Vinyl/Rubber (exterior) protectant will work well. I recently used Finish Kare Top Kote dressing on mine, and it still looks like new -- after 2 rainfalls. Truxedo makes Pro-TeX protectant for tonneau covers. You can often find it at a truck accessory store (Line-X, etc.).

Originally Posted by kkreit01
303 will wash off with the first site of water. Any decent Vinyl/Rubber (exterior) protectant will work well. I recently used Finish Kare Top Kote dressing on mine, and it still looks like new -- after 2 rainfalls. Truxedo makes Pro-TeX protectant for tonneau covers. You can often find it at a truck accessory store (Line-X, etc.).

That's weird I've never had that problem and the product is literally designed for use on boats. In fact, there are plenty of "how to" videos on using 303 for marine applications.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that replied appreciate the advise. Now it seems like I have different options to
try thanks to you guys.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back