HF flashlight recall = 5 dollar gift card

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year or so ago HF came out with a very small light that plugs into the 12v accy to charge and has an 80 lumen rating. I bought about 10 of them with coupon for .99 each. Gave to all my family members as stocking stuffers etc. Just wanted to let the BITOG community they are recalled because the catch on fire. (no surprise). Upon return to HF you are given a 5 dollar gift card. Just thought you might like to know. See the copy and paste below...

Dear Valued Customer:

This letter is to notify you of a PRODUCT RECALL on the 80 Lumen 12V Rechargeable Flashlight (Item # 64109) sold by Harbor Freight Tools. A picture of the flashlight is shown below. The flashlight was sold between August 2018 and January 2019. Our records indicate that you purchased one or more of these items during the affected time period.

This recall is being conducted because the flashlight can overheat while charging, creating an injury hazard to users. Harbor Freight Tools has reported this safety concern to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and will be working closely with them on this recall once the CPSC reopens. IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THIS ITEM, EVEN IF THERE IS NO APPARENT PROBLEM, AND RETURN THE FLASHLIGHT(S) TO YOUR NEAREST HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS STORE FOR A REFUND IN THE FORM OF A $5.00 HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS GIFT CARD.

Your safety is our top priority. We are reaching out to you because our records show you purchased an 80 Lumen 12V Rechargeable Mini Flashlight from Harbor Freight Tools between August 2018 and January 2019. Please stop using these flashlights immediately and return them to Harbor Freight Tools for a $5 gift card refund. If you have already returned your flashlight for a gift card refund, no further action is required. If you have not yet returned your flashlight for a gift card refund, please do so as soon as possible.

Looks like I will have some HF cash to spend on more stuff to eventually bring back to the store. Or, just buy micro fiber towels, love those!

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Looks like I will have some HF cash to spend on more stuff to eventually bring back to the store. Or, just buy micro fiber towels, love those!

sam's club has really good prices on decent microfiber towels, 36ct for $16 for the 16x16 size.

I prefer to wash them before using them on car they do have a very small amount of lint that comes off.. when I'm doing windows with the fresh ones.

They also have "car" microfiber towels that are even nicer. 18 pack and they are 50% larger at 16x24 for $15

Both make the HF ones look not so great.

Rural King also has a good selection as well as walmart recently dropping a whole pallet on sale in automotive. The only thing I dislike about them is when you drop them. Its impossible to remove things once burried in the fibers without picking every single piece out one by one. But at how cheap they are I just pitch them and grab a new one.

I didn't have the flashlight but HF sent me an e mail about my weed torch. Said it was recalled because the trigger sticks open. I brought it back and they gave me a gift card for 32 dollars.
I guess they'd rather keep us safe. People won't come back and buy more stuff if they're burned up.

Reactions: JC1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back