HynKia Carquest filters: 85334 vs 95459

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I'm not sure what the difference is, but I think it's more than color. The filter #85334 shows a fit for my '17 Elantra, but the filter #95459 shows it does not. Personally, I'd go with #85334 (the white one) just because they seem to have more information available regarding the filter. The information is pretty scarce on the other one.

the 85334 is a carquest blue. I think the 95459 may be a rebadged Beck Arnley. Id go with the 85334. Most of the CQ blues I believe are still made in the usa where as the other ones I have no idea. Also it seems there is better availability with the CQ blues.

The first one white, looks like a Purolator made CQ Premium OF. With the exception of sealing gasket color, it would be equivalent to the P1 PL14459.

The second one black, looks like the new(er) M&H Wix made 51334 now made in S Korea by Mann. It looks more like the Mann made Hyun/Kia oem. Several have been posted on this sub forum, including in ProSelect variety. Without more information such as seeing it in person or confirmation pic posted, that's my speculation. Since Purolator is also owned by M&H, could be some consolidation with this CQ application.

Originally Posted by Sayjac

The second one black, looks like the new(er) M&H Wix made 51334 now made in S Korea by Mann. It looks more like the Mann made Hyun/Kia oem. .

I'd like to compare it to the standard Hyundai / Kia "Blue" filter, and some of the other Korean filters RockAuto sells to see similarities

Interesting post. When purchasing this same combo ($25 deal CQ syn+prem fltr), i was only aware of 85334. I might go back and buy more for my next change as this CQ oil seems smooooth. I'll look into the SK filter.

Originally Posted by tc1446
If they are the same, why not use H/K filters for much less $$?

1. Usually you don't buy CQ filters separately, they do come as a part of combos which sometimes are great
2. I want to have a receipt from a store, not eBay (in case of warranty claim)
3. This specific filter I bought for less then $4 after tax since I had a $5 coupon and 25% off code
4. When I go to a dealer I always supply my oil and they install an oem filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back