***Your factory warranty may have expired...call us now for help***

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Got this in my mailbox today concerning my 2018 KIA...
I can see these scams scaring some people into purchasing unneeded "warranty coverage". Piece of [censored] people...

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I get about 4-5 a week.

WARNING OUR RECORDS SHOW YOU HAVE NOT ACTIVATED YOUR EXTENDED WARRANTY
CALL NOW!

or

They look like a rebate check.

or

some other scummy way to get you to not immediately shred them.

Caveat emptor. If someone is foolish enough to fall for an extended warranty (along with a multitude of other scams) then they deserve to be parted from their money.

Personally I don't even open mail like that-it goes directly into the shredder.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Caveat emptor. If someone is foolish enough to fall for an extended warranty (along with a multitude of other scams) then they deserve to be parted from their money.

Personally I don't even open mail like that-it goes directly into the shredder.

This...if you're that gullible. Cynicism has served me well into old age. When dimentia kicks in I intend to seal myself inside my house. Better than falling for this.

Last edited:
I get those calls a few times a month. If I'm in the mood I'll mess with the caller and ask how much it is on a vehicle with 300,000 miles. They usually hang up.

My mom would get them all the time for her 2003 Buick Rendezvous. We'd just laugh and laugh that the warranty company would be bankrupt by the time that car was fixed.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Forum said post already submitted after stating it couldn't post, nice touch to this thread

I get calls from weird numbers with my area code about this junk. Lately my phone indicates it as a spam call on the screen and I just block it.

One of the vehicles in the fleet is a 2010. There was a notice like this (junk mail!) sitting around for a few days once. When I asked DW about why this did not immediately get tossed, she told me because she was thinking about adding it in case anything went wrong with said 2010.. It was sitting on top of continued correspondence and order catalog and a special gift from a charity that supposedly benefits an Indian Reservation those were the words on the envelope and also the Salesian missions. Supposedly the last two keep mailing because purchases are made and money is sent. Then there are the famous phone calls from South Carolina claiming imminent arrest for a serious matter or something like that. All scams.

As mentioned with very old cars and how much of a joke this is, one of the eligible vehicles is a 1998 Ford Ranger.
lol.gif

There is a new infomercial on TV about this kind of extended service, the talk show outlets are pushing it during there three or so promoted items and services a show, and been getting mail from Publishers Clearing House lately too. Must be lucrative. Still never heard of a shop that would actually use this as payment.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Scamming is a popular profession these days.

This. If I do not recognize the number, the phone does not get answered. As to mail, if it is junk you can just toss.

I'd love to know the success rates of these scams.

...now the King of Ramundi, the guy who has $576,457 for me, is my pal. All he needs is $6,000 to process my funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back