Sweet Ice Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing beats a tall cool glass of sweet ice tea on warm summers day. Anyone agree with me?
I use Luzianne and Community brand tea bags. There are a few places out there that sell sweet ice tea that are better than ANYTHING I can make. My favorite is SONNY'S BBQ. McDonald's makes some good sweet ice tea as well.

Luzianne here too. Good stuff!! How is the Community brand vs the Luzianne?

Whenever I order tea at restaurants,I always get unsweet. Seems they always serve you pure sugar water. WAY too sweet for my tastes. Luby's imo has the best iced tea anywhere! I LOVE that stuff!! And it's always served proper,in real *glass" glasses. Iced tea HAS to be drank from glass containers only.

Never liked sweet tea. Too sweet and my blood sugar would lose it. I'll take the boring dull tasteless sun tea though. I like earl Grey over Lipton.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Luzianne here too. Good stuff!! How is the Community brand vs the Luzianne?

Whenever I order tea at restaurants,I always get unsweet. Seems they always serve you pure sugar water. WAY too sweet for my tastes. Luby's imo has the best iced tea anywhere! I LOVE that stuff!! And it's always served proper,in real *glass" glasses. Iced tea HAS to be drank from glass containers only.

All 3 are great … touch of sweetener and a lime …

has to be home made sun tea for me. anything commercially available has a weird funky taste to my tongue...
8 standard tea bags to a gallon of water, park it in the Sun for 3hours. no more, no less.

the past couple summers, i'm actually using good imported English tea, Yorkshire Tea to be exact. it makes fabulous Sun Tea.
for my self, it doesn't taste right without Sweet 'n Low... just the way i was raised...

and whomever said they prefer earl grey...that ain't real tea.(personally I can't stand the smell of Bergamot)

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Bojangles' sweet tea for me, with 2 lemon slices!

It's BO time! Big old sweet tea and bring on the Cajun Filet biscuit and an order of season fries. It's great to be from NC. LOL.

Last edited:
I drink tea for breakfast, wife makes Kombucha. So she buys bulk loose long leaf ASSAM Tippy Golden FOP tea from Frontier

After going no tea bag you can sure taste the "BAG" when you go back.

NO Tea Bags!

Just pour boiling water into a big jar over the loose tea leaves ( 1/2 cup) and let it steep for a long time then refrigerate.

You filter out the leaves by pouring it through a tea strainer.

Me, BC, of blood sugar issues, I just like it very lightly sweetened,

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Sweet ice tea is a very good alternative to soda. The tea has antioxidants and doesn't cost much to make.

Arizona Peach Diet ice tea. Go through about 2 gallons a week. Replaced the diet soda I used to drink at home. Supposedly it doesn't have the artificial sweeteners that actually make you gain weight that the diet drinks have.

Chick-fil-A has excellent iced tea as well. A little too sweet so I order half and half. I was in NY years ago and ordered tea with my meal at a KFC. Down south you don't have to specify iced tea, you automatically get iced tea. When I got my order there was a cup of hot water with a tea bag in it. I cancelled the tea and ordered a soft drink.

Last edited:
My Mom made a gallon of sun tea a day. She liked lemon and my Dad and I added lemon and sugar. Called it iced tea.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Whenever I order tea at restaurants,I always get unsweet. Seems they always serve you pure sugar water. WAY too sweet for my tastes.

I always order "half-n-half tea"

ANY "good" Texas server will know exactly what you mean.

Originally Posted by gman2304

Chick-fil-A has excellent iced tea as well. A little too sweet so I order half and half. I was in NY years ago and ordered tea with my meal at a KFC. Down south you don't have to specify iced tea, you automatically get iced tea. When I got my order there was a cup of hot water with a tea bag in it. I cancelled the tea and ordered a soft drink.

Yeah, I think if northerners could just get their hands on some good southern sweet ice tea it would fix those yankees and all their problems. (j/k to all of our BITOG northern friends.
lol.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back