AC PF2257G Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2019 Colorado with V6. So far, I like the truck and plan to change the oil and filter at 1000 miles to inspect the factory cartridge filter for dirt or metal. I was going to use a factory Delco filter for now, in case of any warranty issues. The factory Delco filter looks very undersized for a large truck and the filter media seems very thin. Will this tiny element last one year or 6000 miles without clogging? I had planned on changing the oil and filter once a year. Now, I wonder about changing this little "sewing thimble" filter every 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hengst makes good filters, including your PF2257G
smile.gif

Another good filter is the Mann HU 612/2x

Fram just recently came out with an Ultra for that application. It might be worth trying

Originally Posted by Oldtom
I just bought a 2019 Colorado with V6. ... The factory Delco filter looks very undersized for a large truck and the filter media seems very thin. Will this tiny element last one year or 6000 miles without clogging? .

OFCIs in general have been getting longer from the OEMs. And yet filters have been getting smaller, slowly, overall from the OEMs. Contributing factors (engine design, lubricant formulations, product manufacturing abilities, and generally clean running nature of today's engines) simply mean taht engines today don't need giant filters and super-short OCIs. What is your presumption here? That GM purposely put out a product that won't successfully provide a desirable outcome? That is sold you a truck with a filter too small to do the job, and in doing so they risk increased warranty claims? It's your supposition that the filter will clog after 6k miles?

It'll be fine. Quit worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back