If you liked the previous cooper AT3, walmart now selling it as the cooper A/T

All,

If you like the previous version of the cooper AT/3 before they switched to the 4S, LT and XLT, Walmart has an agreement with Cooper to manufacture the previous version of the AT/3 as the Cooper Discoverer A/T through wal-mart. I verified with cooper that this is in fact true.

Much cheaper than the current version of the A/T3. For my size its $50-70 cheaper per tire. $152 vs $205-$220/tire. Not a bad deal if you have a decent wal-mart near by.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=Cooper+Discoverer+A%2FT

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cooper-D...tax=91083_1077064&wpa_bucket=__bkt__

Last edited:
Wow! Next year the tires on my pickup will have aged out and I'll be looking to replace them. I think we have a winner! Only $112 in the size I need.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Wow! Next year the tires on my pickup will have aged out and I'll be looking to replace them. I think we have a winner! Only $112 in the size I need.

My thoughts as well. I thought i was going to have to end up with the Goodyear Adventure All Terrains due to price. Now I'm glad I these as a option. Great bang for the buck with these tires.

Cooper chat told me exact same, molds, materials and warranty.

Last edited:
Wow those are cheap.

245/70r17 P-metrics are $106
stock size 245/65r17 are $92!!!!
the AT/W seem to be discounted were around $139 in my size
AT/3 load range E were still close to $200

So the "new" walmart cooper discoverer A/T seems like it will be a real hit from a price point.

Walmart will also be solely responsible for any warranty issues. Copper will not be involved. It's the same with most "Walmart branded" tires through Goodyear, etc.

No 265/65R18 though. They do have a 275/65R18, it's just 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller.

I'm really shocked at the lack of tires in the 265/65R18 size. It is the standard 18" tire on Silverado/Sierra/Tahoe/Suburbans. Seems like there would be more of an offering in this size since there are a lot of these on the roads!

Good deal on a GREAT tire!

Bummer, they don't sell them in 275/55R20 or at least not yet. I've got a few months before I'm planning on buying tires though so I'll keep checking back. Loved the Cooper AT3s on my 2WD Ram, even in snow with 4.10 gears it was decent.

That is indeed good to know, thank you, OP.

Now that Discount Tire has exited the "discount tire" end of the marketplace, it's good to have alternatives.
wink.gif

Bummer, they don't sell them in 275/55R20 or at least not yet. I've got a few months before I'm planning on buying tires though so I'll keep checking back. Loved the Cooper AT3s on my 2WD Ram, even in snow with 4.10 gears it was decent.

They do now.

Back