Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend has a new to her 2011 Toyota Venza and said she was going to get oil for me to change what's in the vehicle out. I said whichever is cheaper is what I would pick. She goes 5k with her prior vehicles and does 80/20 highways to short trips

Thanks
smile.gif

Perfect candidate to try to wring some miles out of Edge or Edge EP, but 5k is 5k.

Normal Edge is more than good enough.

Do you have a filter in your stash you plan to run?

It's a Toyota and she goes with 5K OCI's, it'll go forever on anything with the proper weight and API. Use Castrol Edge and a genuine Toyota filter. Also use a new crash washer on each oil change.
I recall seeing Toyota oil filters at Walmart recently. Put the receipt in an envelope and mark the date and mileage the oil was changed and tell her to store it somewhere safe in the house.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Perfect candidate to try to wring some miles out of Edge or Edge EP, but 5k is 5k.

Normal Edge is more than good enough.

Do you have a filter in your stash you plan to run?

I have a Bosch 3325 D+ I'll put on it. Or a FU (FRAM ULTRA 4967) a friend of brothers gave me to "use or cut open"

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It's a Toyota and she goes with 5K OCI's, it'll go forever on anything with the proper weight and API. Use Castrol Edge and a genuine Toyota filter. Also use a new crash washer on each oil change.
I recall seeing Toyota oil filters at Walmart recently. Put the receipt in an envelope and mark the date and mileage the oil was changed and tell her to store it somewhere safe in the house.

Well, my 09' Camry with the 2AZ-FE is still burning/consuming oil with ST Syn 5w30 HM and I'm going 4k so not all Toyotas will do good on 4-5k ocis

I used the Castrol Edge EP I had on my last OCI of 7156 miles had lots of TBN left over. If she's going to stick with the 5000 mile OCI regular Edge black jug will work great and its $2 less you may even give Magnetic a thought a little cheaper yet.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I used the Castrol Edge EP I had on my last OCI of 7156 miles had lots of TBN left over. If she's going to stick with the 5000 mile OCI regular Edge black jug will work great and its $2 less you may even give Magnetic a thought a little cheaper yet.

Yeah, I mentioned that magnatec is cheaper so we shall see

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Friend has a new to her 2011 Toyota Venza and said she was going to get oil for me to change what's in the vehicle out. I said whichever is cheaper is what I would pick. She goes 5k with her prior vehicles and does 80/20 highways to short trips

Thanks
smile.gif

I am at 7,300 on Mobil1 5W30 EP in my Sienna.
Will do OCI at 10k.
Engines in Venza should do 10k with no sweat on any oil that manufacturer advertises as full synthetic.
My choice would be Mobil1 EP due to higher % of PAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back