02 silverado diff fluid....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people love amsoil, but it's not readily available around here.....

I can get mobil 1, Lucas, or royal purple.....

Any opinions on which would be better?

I'd go for Mobil 1, but I'm a sucker for advertising. That's what I put into my Tundra a few years ago. Although I'd probably go with Supertech these days as I don't tow and I don't think I need "the best" oil for my needs.

I just did rear diff fluid in my 02 3/4 ton. I used Mobil 1 75W-90. Seems to work fine. It was what I put in the last time I did it as well. I change it every 15,000 ish, Probably over kill but the truck sit and then tows all summer.

For as often as you would change it, I wouldn't think ordering it would be that big of a deal. Especially to get the squeeze pack that AMSOIL now offers. Makes installing the diff oil so easy and mess free. Pablo on here can help you.

I'm pretty sure somewhere you going to find a factory fill of Mobil 1. It's a fine diff fluid. You don't have to. I just think it's pretty good

Originally Posted by Jcountry
I know a lot of people love amsoil, but it's not readily available around here.....

I can get mobil 1, Lucas, or royal purple.....

Any opinions on which would be better?

The one you can find for the cheapest is the best one. This includes all of the the mentioned ones in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back