Jag F Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this in the parking lot. Type R with 550 HP and AWD. Enjoy.

FB8DBB6F-2A27-4938-9B5D-337421A756D7.jpeg

3DA81239-C23C-4F85-B8AD-754FC83D70FE.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful car. When I was shopping around for a new car the Giulia, Daytona 392 and F Type made it to the final three. Practicality one that fight and I went with the Giulia, I pass an F Type on my daily commute and every time I see it I second guess my decision a bit.

From a driving dynamics point of view, the F-Type is quite a sweet daily driver.

It is not a race car for the street, it's not a track demon or autocross champion. Nor is it a stripped down low end car with lots of power.

The F-Type rides well, corners well and stops well. Nearly matching more capable track oriented cars, without punishing the driver in any way. There is a lot to like about that kind of car. Super fun.

Beautiful car. I really like how they managed to keep the curves of the basic design, see the E type, while adding the requisite modern touches. I thought the previous generation was one of the best looking modern cars...the last of the truly sexy jag's.

I don't have any experience w/ the F types, but friends who have the current Jag sedans like them and JLR's reliability is much better in the past few years as opposed to earlier.

I love the looks of that car. It's usually listed among the top 20 best looking cars of all time. I think the British Top Gear boys even put it in their top five or ten if memory serves.
It's just a crying shame its made by Titty TaTa motors. Reliability is big time in question. But then again, when Jags were made by the Brits, reliability was questionable then, too. But at least you had a British Jag. Now you would have to say you have an Indian Jag.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kawie_guy
I love the looks of that car. It's usually listed among the top 20 best looking cars of all time. I think the British Top Gear boys even put it in their top five or ten if memory serves.
It's just a crying shame its made by Titty TaTa motors. Reliability is big time in question. But then again, when Jags were made by the Brits, reliability was questionable then, too. But at least you had a British Jag. Now you would have to say you have an Indian Jag.
frown.gif

They and RR are still made in England, at least for now. Funny that the Tata years have resulted in better reliability though.

I agree with you though, I had the same feeling when I first opened this, but got over it...almost
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

Beautiful car! The design language really is sharp on their new models. Drive wise l I'd prefer an upmodel Vette or NISMO GTR if I had that kinda money. The post warranty ownership experience and running costs on either will be ummm shall we say lower? (probably by orders of magnitude)

Originally Posted by GZRider
Drive wise l I'd prefer an upmodel Vette or NISMO GTR if I had that kinda money

That's the thing, performance is intoxicating. However, it gets old at 600-700 miles per week commuting and traveling. I drive A LOT and I've honed my likes and dislikes over many years.

I absolutely love the performance of the better Corvettes. But they drive like Malibu's. Sadly, they feel numb in normal traffic. The GTR is refined and often considered boring.

The Jag is no high end BMW, and it's no Porsche or supercharged Corvette. It's tuned for street fun, not track day prowess. Comfortable, refined, nimble and very responsive. It falls short of the others, by design, and that's what makes it such a pleasure.

Originally Posted by kawie_guy
frown.gif

Sort of like how Ram trucks are Italian?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
If you squint you can see a little bit of 1971 Datsun 240Z in it.

A little? A LOT! I KNEW it looked similar to something.

I wonder how it drives?
laugh.gif
(and how much faster a Corvette is.)

Originally Posted by Cujet
From a driving dynamics point of view, the F-Type is quite a sweet daily driver.

It is not a race car for the street, it's not a track demon or autocross champion. Nor is it a stripped down low end car with lots of power.

The F-Type rides well, corners well and stops well. Nearly matching more capable track oriented cars, without punishing the driver in any way. There is a lot to like about that kind of car. Super fun.

You also just described the Guilia...

Both are beautiful cars, one just has more doors ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back