Adhesive sealant FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking my oil and must've not had the prop rod fully inserted into the hood. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind came, knocking out the rod and nearly shutting the hood on my head! I lucked out there but amidst the chaos, the rod hit the washer nozzle connection and cracked the plastic in half. I had some super glue and Permatex black silicone adhesive laying around so I decided to bust them out. I doused the pieces in super glue to get an initial hold, then covered the area in silicone adhesive. Went back the next day after letting everything cure, blasted the washer fluid and no leaks!

I love free fixes
smile.gif

I broke my washer nozzle right where the line plugs in and thought of doing this but used epoxy instead of super glue because I was out of it. Was a pain to get an initial hold but 1 hour later I coated it in red silicone sealant.

We also used the same red silicone sealant where we didn't thought it would really last or even stick: plugin a 2 inches hole left in an intake pipe with an oil jug cap, and sealing an hole left in a coolant overflow tank with a screw... Inserted from the outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back