Pink Seats LS430

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going out to wash my car this afternoon and noticed my leather seats were turning pink. Notice the pattern. A mechanic had it for about a week working on it. What in the world?

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.jpg

Do you wear red or similar colored clothing?

Or, the mechanic had a red cover placed over the seats and the sun caused a color transfer

Last edited:
Originally Posted by marine65
Faded from the sun?

Stays in garage. Just this seat. Passenger side is fine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Do you wear red or similar colored clothing?

Or, the mechanic had a red cover placed over the seats and the sun caused a color transfer

Don't wear anything red.

What can I do to remove it? I'm getting more nauseous every time I go back out and look at it. I think I'm gonna puke. My mechanic is my friend. A good friend.

I probably should not have made this car an idol.

I'd start with something llike Simple Green, or get bottle of Lexol interior cleaner from Walmart. Do a small area first. Suspect it will come off.

Originally Posted by Gebo
What can I do to remove it? I'm getting more nauseous every time I go back out and look at it. I think I'm gonna puke. My mechanic is my friend. A good friend.

Ah the old tin God. Use this, spray lightly let it soak a few min and wipe it with a damp (water) cloth.

MaxForce

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by Gebo

Ah the old tin God. Use this, spray lightly let it soak a few min and wipe it with a damp (water) cloth.

MaxForce

No worries. My man to the rescue.
05.gif

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Wow your friend didn't notice this before he gave the car back to you?
33.gif

I can't say for sure if he did it. I had it aligned in a shop as well. I'm gonna ask him what if he used anything on the seat today.
All he did was replace the center carrier bearing so he shouldn't have been inside the car much????

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and water.

Exactly what I was going to recommend, this will clean up your seat very well.

Thank You!

Originally Posted by diyjake

Exactly what I was going to recommend, this will clean up your seat very well.

Thank you, too!

Between the Magic Eraser and that elixer Trav recommended I'm praying for success.

I gotta go to Greensboro today to get the strut rods for my '98 LS400 (the original ones finally wore out) and they will have a Target store. Please be near the Coldstone (Banana Caramel Crunch).

I will give both methods a try in the parking lot. Gotta remember to take a water bottle and some rags.

Hopefully, all will be well and I can drop off the strut rods at my mechanic's house on the way home as I ask him about how he protected the seat while he was working on it. Honestly, all he did was replace the center carrier bearing so I doubt he "used" anything on the seat. He said he had the car 3 feet up in the air??

Well, any more ideas? I'm depressed....
confused2.gif

Neither worked. They helped. Still pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back