Supertech "e-cores", ST2 and ST10575 question
by TheScarletRogue - 08/20/19 10:08 PM
Oil for my 2006 5.9 Cummins
by mobilaltima - 08/20/19 09:35 PM
Vise stand
by clinebarger - 08/20/19 09:29 PM
Ecoboost filter
by mpgo4th - 08/20/19 09:16 PM
Removing Sludge to Prevent Engine Failure?
by 04CorCar - 08/20/19 09:05 PM
ULSD and HPFP's
by sloinker - 08/20/19 08:54 PM
2018 Grand Caravan 1 year review
by tiger862 - 08/20/19 08:28 PM
The 10mm socket
by cwilliamsws6 - 08/20/19 08:12 PM
What Fuel is it?
by MolaKule - 08/20/19 08:01 PM
Oil stashes..
by Mad_Hatter - 08/20/19 07:49 PM
Sealing Redundant Door
by gathermewool - 08/20/19 07:25 PM
Cam2 Dexos1 Gen 2 found at Napa
by bbhero - 08/20/19 06:59 PM
Flywheel broke 2012 V8 Silverado, with pics
by 01rangerxl - 08/20/19 05:10 PM
Blade for brush cutter
by Donald - 08/20/19 04:47 PM
Newest Members
Al13, HughBeaumont, 04CorCar, reba, Dope
69013 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
83 registered members (AndyB, 440Magnum, 65convertible, Aredeeem, aquariuscsm, adaminphilly, 8 invisible), 1,302 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics293,587
Posts5,043,005
Members69,013
Most Online3,532
Jul 30th, 2019
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Any website with real time street level aerial images? #5136638 06/17/19 01:51 PM
A
atikovi Online Content OP
OP Online Content
A
If you go to Mapblast or Google maps you can see overhead and street side images but they are from months or years ago. Is there any website that gives this view in real time or even with a few hours delay?

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136643 06/17/19 01:59 PM
C
cpayne5 Offline
C
Drive down the road to the Pentagon and ask nicely. smile

I'm not aware of any realtime aerials available to the public.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136655 06/17/19 02:08 PM
G
GrtArtiste Offline
G
Even if such a site were possible, the possibilities for misuse are too numerous to mention. Congrats...this is possibly the most unreasonable request I think I have ever seen.

GrtArtiste

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136667 06/17/19 02:20 PM
P
Pew Offline
P
You might get lucky with local cams for road conditions but that's about it. You'll have to google them but I've used a few cams that are publicly available outside businesses to monitor road and weather conditions for road trips.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136675 06/17/19 02:29 PM
rollinpete Offline
This one is near where I live. Click on the video.

Pete.

97 Ford Expl.Sport 4.0 ohv 4wd 5spd 188k miles
03 Saturn Ion 2.2 L4 5spd 239k miles
PP, PPHM 50/50 5w30

Currently under the influence of oil shocked2

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: cpayne5] #5136676 06/17/19 02:30 PM
A
OP Online Content
A
Originally Posted by cpayne5

Since I don't work at NORAD, not possible. Wasn't GPS highly regulated by the government until it was offered in cars? I can imagine this being along the same lines. What more misuse could there be than currently available traffic cams and webcams. Any sensitive areas could automatically be blurred out like they already do.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136685 06/17/19 02:38 PM
D
Dave9 Offline
D
Sure, we'll change the direction of the satellites JUST FOR YOU. wink

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136699 06/17/19 02:46 PM
P
Pew Offline
P
Originally Posted by atikovi

Since I don't work at NORAD, not possible. Wasn't GPS highly regulated by the government until it was offered in cars? I can imagine this being along the same lines. What more misuse could there be than currently available traffic cams and webcams. Any sensitive areas could automatically be blurred out like they already do.

I would be able to see who goes to your house, when they are there/leave, basically anything that a stalker or attacker would want to know in order to plan something.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136704 06/17/19 02:52 PM
R
RamFan Offline
R

What more misuse could there be than currently available traffic cams and webcams. Any sensitive areas could automatically be blurred out like they already do.

A city center isn't a sensitive area, but with real time feeds an individual could develop a time map of not only peak congestion and peak emptiness, but also specific areas where the population is most dense. Using these two points one could conceivably determine not only the best locations to place ordnance, but also the best times to avoid detection and inflict maximum damage.

While this is an extreme example, it's a very real example that could easily occur. Similar things have been accomplished with less precise data.

18 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
  • 2.0T I4 - 14k - PP Euro LX 0w30 - Mobil 1 - 10k/1yr

16.5 CX-5 Touring AWD
  • 2.5L I4 - 62k - Citgo Supergard Syn 5w30 - Denso - 7.5k/1yr
Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136712 06/17/19 02:59 PM
W
Wolf359 Offline
W

GPS wasn't regulated, it just had some limitations some of which I believe are still in effect. It's a satellite signal so hard for them to block it. They had select availability which reduced the accuracy of the GPS signal, but they turned that off so it's more accurate but still has accuracy issues due to weather patterns and other issues with the signal. Still has some limitations like not working when going over 1000mph, that's so missiles can't use, otherwise not an issue even when flying. You should try it when you're on a plane, pretty interesting getting your ground speed and watching it go nuts trying figure out a driving route when you're over a lake.

It's big bucks to get a real time satellite image. If you could do it for the entire US, it'd cut down on a lot of crime. Probably why it has to be one of the most outrageous request ever on here.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: Wolf359] #5136742 06/17/19 03:42 PM
A
OP Online Content
A
Originally Posted by Wolf359

GPS wasn't regulated, it just had some limitations some of which I believe are still in effect. It's a satellite signal so hard for them to block it. They had select availability which reduced the accuracy of the GPS signal, but they turned that off so it's more accurate but still has accuracy issues due to weather patterns and other issues with the signal. Still has some limitations like not working when going over 1000mph, that's so missiles can't use, otherwise not an issue even when flying. You should try it when you're on a plane, pretty interesting getting your ground speed and watching it go nuts trying figure out a driving route when you're over a lake.

It's big bucks to get a real time satellite image. If you could do it for the entire US, it'd cut down on a lot of crime. Probably why it has to be one of the most outrageous request ever on here.

Isn't using a GPS on a commercial airliner prohibited like cellphones are? And I thought I saw them doing this on CSI Miami a while back to monitor a bad guy on the highway. BTW, I wasn't requesting this, just asking if it is available. Why is it outrageous? Aren't millions of telephone calls, TV shows, remote car unlocking, etc. done with satellites? Having realtime images would be the next logical step beyond the current dated images.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136752 06/17/19 03:52 PM
W
Wolf359 Offline
W
Originally Posted by Wolf359

Isn't using a GPS on a commercial airliner prohibited like cellphones are? And I thought I saw them doing this on CSI Miami a while back to monitor a bad guy on the highway. BTW, I wasn't requesting this, just asking if it is available. Why is it outrageous? Aren't millions of telephone calls, TV shows, remote car unlocking, etc. done with satellites? Having realtime images would be the next logical step beyond the current dated images.

Somewhat grey area. It's really a receiver, not a transmitter. Plus airplanes can have their own GPS also. Lots of devices like a tablet have built in GPS systems and even if your phone is on airplane mode, GPS may still work, never tried it.

Logical to you if you don't know anything about technology. Do you know how much data is involved in a picture, let alone real time imaging? Do you know how much data you take up just streaming a TV show? Do you know how much data it would take to provide real time streaming of street level detail for the entire US? And how much it would cost for all that?

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136765 06/17/19 04:03 PM
A
OP Online Content
A
Nope.

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: atikovi] #5136807 06/17/19 04:39 PM
G
GrtArtiste Offline
G
......"I thought I saw them doing this on CSI Miami a while back to monitor a bad guy on the highway.".......

So...the basis for your question is what you think you saw on a bad fictional police drama broadcast by an outlet of the main stream media? Congrats yet again...I can see that CBS has indeed successfully reached their target audience.

GrtArtiste

Re: Any website with real time street level aerial images? [Re: GrtArtiste] #5136819 06/17/19 04:58 PM
W
Wolf359 Offline
W
Originally Posted by GrtArtiste
......"I thought I saw them doing this on CSI Miami a while back to monitor a bad guy on the highway.".......

So...the basis for your question is what you think you saw on a bad fictional police drama broadcast by an outlet of the main stream media? Congrats yet again...I can see that CBS has indeed successfully reached their target audience.

GrtArtiste

Yeah, it's pretty amazing the liberties they take on those shows. Like how DNA results come back in minutes. I did like how there was one James Bond movie where they cut the air lines to the truck and then the guy had no brakes instead of stopping because in real life on a truck when you have no air in the lines, the brakes are applied.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™