What would make BITOG better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

BITOG has been around now for almost 20 years, and the site hasn't really changed or been updated.

What do you guys think this site needs for an update?

I personally would like to see an updated interface design, and an oil compatibility finder would be cool.
49.gif

Last edited:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Tried to join another forum to post one thing Saturday. Still can't do anything, as I still haven't been 'activated'. Plus, navigating their forum was a nightmare no matter how I viewed it (mobile view, enhanced view, mobile site, desktop site). No issues here whatsoever. My only complaints are the mobile view not being as good as the desktop site on a phone (but still very good, I use desktop 100% of the time), and the duplicate emoji things/lack of new ones.

If that's all I'm complaining about, we're doing great. So it probably should be ignored and left alone, instead of trying to fix one thing and potentially breaking 10 others.

Btw, night theme user here. Thanks for applying this guys, whenever that was. You don't really appreciate things until they aren't there somewhere else.
shocked2.gif

The site itself is fine. What we need is for more legitimate experts to actively participate. The only sustainable way to get that would be some major changes in how we all think and act, which is a heck of an ask -- though not impossible.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Cataloged UOA's based on manufacturer and maybe even model.

01.gif
I did forget about searching old threads. That is a bit broken.

Originally Posted by d00df00d
The site itself is fine. What we need is for more legitimate experts to actively participate. The only sustainable way to get that would be some major changes in how we all think and act, which is a heck of an ask -- though not impossible.
Let's just ban everyone who offends your sensibilities or disagrees with you. That'll fix it.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Stop forgetting people's user account and have to log on again and again and again and again and again......

I haven't had that problem in years...
Originally Posted by wallyuwl
On the technical side, I really do not like that the side menu is not default on with the mobile site.

It's there in landscape mode.

I read this site years ago and there were some real experts-Terry Dyson and Johnny to name a couple. The site seems to have lost most of the members who were real oil experts; now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts. The search feature is marginal at best, and some of the information available from when the real experts were here is becoming outdated.

There is some useful information, but wading through the sophomoric noise gets old.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
I read this site years ago and there were some real experts-Terry Dyson and Johnny to name a couple. The site seems to have lost most of the members who were real oil experts; now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts. The search feature is marginal at best, and some of the information available from when the real experts were here is becoming outdated.

There is some useful information, but wading through the sophomoric noise gets old.

Yes, and a lot of new users that are in reality old users who got shown the door for whatever reason. They seem to come back with the same posts just under the new name.

This.

100% true.

I think we need more expert facts and insider info news from members such as OVERKILL, Gokhan, SonOfJoe, Shannow and others when this info is available. I have learned tons from these wonderful members and others.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by PandaBear
Stop forgetting people's user account and have to log on again and again and again and again and again......

I haven't had that problem in years...
Do you log out routinely, delete cookies, etc ?

For users that prefer to remain logged in, there is a cookie dropped by this site that auto-logs you out every 30 days. I've given details on the cookie and for the past 2 months, posted in advance when it will do this and it does.

now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts.

Bring the recent topics menu back to the mobile version. I only post from laptop now and occasionally browse but do not post from mobile. I was on the mobile version everyday previously just to see what was new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back